Polk Audio RTi A3 vs Polk Audio TSi200 vs Q Acoustics 3020i

chiraagm

Hi

I live in Mumbai. Options to buy good speakers in a small budget are limited. I have a Pioneer VSX 523k receiver.

After searching in my budget (below Rs. 22500), I have narrowed it down to these four
1. Polk Audio RTi A3: 89db, 6.5 inch 1 woofer/mid
2. Polk Audio TSi200: 5.25inch 2 mid/bass drivers. Find that to be a huge plus!
3. Q Acoustics 3020i: 1 single 5.25inch mid/bass drivers
4. Sony SSCS5: 1 single 5.1inch mid/bass drivers

I have not been able to and unfortunately will not be able to test/listen to any of them. My room is 15 x 15, so medium sized room. Since I cannot listen to them (based my selection from reviews), I would like to get suggestions. I am leaning towards the Polk Audio's in general (available on PayTmMall for Rs 22-23K, after cash back)

The small 5/5.25inch driver on the Q Acoustics and Sony SSCS5 makes me think they will be a little less power, low-end wise. While I was inclined towards the Sony SSCS5 due to its price (below Rs. 12K), the 6ohm rating and 87db sensitivity are making me think my receiver will find it difficult to make them loud.

The dual 5.25inch driver on TSi200 and the single bigger 6.5inch driver on the Polk Audio, makes me lean towards them a bit more.

Two questions

Between the 4 speakers (not keeping in mind the price) which one would our forum members recommend?

Between the 2 Polk Audio speakers which one would our forum members recommend?

Thanks,
Chiraag

Polk Rti A3 is a very good speaker for the price. QA would be Slightly more refined. Tsi200 is a very old model but a good speaker, however not as refined as the rti A3.

If I had to pick I would choose between the rti A3 and the QA. Both really good speakers. Cannot go wrong with either.

MaSh

I've used the TSi200s in the past for several years in an exclusive music setup and think they're fantastic if music listening is your thing. Revealing and excellent sound staging is how I'd describe them. Recently I've moved them to surround LR duty after I upgraded my fronts.
I've also got the Rti A1s ( same series as the A3, one level lower) running in a secondary listening setup. Sounds almost as good.
If I was forced to choose, my pick is the TSi200s

Thanks for your inputs (so far!!)

I am still as confused as before, except with 1 more question

Are the Q Acoustics loud enough ( I know thats subjective), and can my Pioneer receiver drive them well enough. The 88db (Q Acoustics) to 89db (TSI200 and RTI A3) isnt much of a difference, but I know that Q Acoustics are rated lower (watt) than the Polks!

Another thing I am a bit hesitant is the fact that I have never bought from PayTmMall (the Polks, the Q Acoustic is available here in India), so dont know what to expect. They will be imported so no support whatsoever, in terms of warranty etc

Thanks for your inputs (so far!!)

Are the Q Acoustics loud enough ( I know thats subjective), and can my Pioneer receiver drive them well enough. The 88db (Q Acoustics) to 89db (TSI200 and RTI A3) isnt much of a difference, but I know that Q Acoustics are rated lower (watt) than the Polks!

Another thing I am a bit hesitant is the fact that I have never bought from PayTmMall (the Polks, the Q Acoustic is available here in India), so dont know what to expect. They will be imported so no support whatsoever, in terms of warranty etc

You can get in touch with Mz audio based in kanakia zillion bkc. They are the official distributor for QA. I've heard the QA and polk bookshelves and didn't quite like the polks. They were too bright for my taste. Ymmv

If you will add sub-woofer sooner, then one of the BS from your list should do.. Of-course, higher sensitivity is easier for AVR.. But one or two dB shouldn't make significant difference..

Thanks for your replies again..

It seems Q acoustics seems to be more voted speaker (although barely)

Id like to put one more speaker in the mix,

Anyone has any opinions on the Polk Audio S20 also has a 6.5inch woofer

Thanks for your replies again..

It seems Q acoustics seems to be more voted speaker (although barely)

Id like to put one more speaker in the mix,

Anyone has any opinions on the Polk Audio S20 also has a 6.5inch woofer
I preferred the RTi over the S, although both are equally good sounding. Do try to audition. All the speakers you have mentioned are really good speakers in their own way. You need to pick the one that your ears like the most.

MaSh

I have the Polk Audio RTi A1s.
They take a little run in time to open up.
I find them very good.
In my subjective opinion, the Polk RTi series is far superior to the Polk TSi series.

The Polk Signature series is again a budget line (ie S20).

As others have mentioned, choose between Polk RTi A3 and Q Acoustic 3020i.

If budget is a constraint, choose between Polk RTi A1 and Q Acoustic 3010i.
You will not be dissapointed.

Thanks everyone, went with the Q Acoustics 3020i, which is what most suggested and had great reviews

They definitely sound nice, not too treble happy (which is the way I like it)

Bought from ooberpad.com (great customer service, i.e. during the buying experience, hope it stays the same if any after sales is needed)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back