Poor Bass

a66

I have Boston A 26 Speakers Coupled with Yahama RS 202, I am not satisfied with its Bass It is very low, what can be the cause, Experts please help.

bookshelf speakers do not produce enough bass. They need to go below 40hz to get good bass from bookshelf. if your amp has perouts you could adding a subwoofer

The speakers are rated to go down up to 51hz according to their website. The Yammy is more than adequate to power these speakers. What is your source to feed the amp? have you tried different placement? room size?

What's your music? There's actually very little music in some genres that goes below 50Hz

bookshelf speakers do not produce enough bass. They need to go below 40hz to get good bass from bookshelf. if your amp has perouts you could adding a subwoofer

I have ELAC B6 bookshelf speakers, I feel they have very good bass response. Never felt the need for a separate sub.

frequency response goes upto 44hz for elac b6, where as BA 26 is upto 51hz only. The lower the better for bass.

I have Infinity primus bookshelves with 6.5 inch woofer. 49 Hz rated at +/- 3db. At 10 db bass level of the amplifier this compares respectably (for its size) with my emotiva sub woofer. So for normal listening the bass is sufficient. I use sub also only when i really want to listen to deep bass.
If your speakers are new then wait for some time before they open up. my speakers took quite a long time to show their potential.

I have Boston A 26 Speakers Coupled with Yahama RS 202, I am not satisfied with its Bass It is very low, what can be the cause, Experts please help.
I have Wharfedale 10.1 and am satisfied quite with the bass.
What is your source? Also check the speaker cables...get some good quality ones if you don't already have.

Also check the speaker cables...get some good quality ones if you don't already have.

Umm really ? Which one should I get ?

Cables matter. But it is extremely unlikely that cables are limiting bass response in OPs system (and no, I have not gone over and heard his system). In my rig the biggest differences to bass have been in amplification. Room treatment and DRC cleaned up the bass hugely.

I am not sure if your advice is the correct one for OP.

ciao
gr

Depends on your room dimensions, placement of speakers and your listening position in the room may be the issue..

I have Boston A 26 Speakers Coupled with Yahama RS 202, I am not satisfied with its Bass
There are bass and treble adjustments on the front panel and remote of your Yamaha. Raise the bass until you are satisfied with it.

@a66, I may get beaten-up for saying this ;) just try pushing back your speakers all the way up to the back wall. Place them in the corner if needed. You will get more bass; at the expense of some resolution in those frequencies.

@a66, I may get beaten-up for saying this ;)
Not really, I would think :). Small speakers do benefit from proximity to the wall. In fact the Boston A26 and some others have wall mounting slots at the back despite being rear ported. You might lose a bit on some other aspects like sound stage. No harm in trying. It boils down to what YOU prefer. Though avoid corners, I would say.

Thanks all,
I think my speakers are new it might be the cause.

I would suggest to use the speakers with active content...music for a good 20 to 40 hours....try placing the speakers closer to the wall....it may help....

Still if no bass then go for a basic sub which can deliver 35hz - 30hz and most imp....which has High and Low level speaker output / input connectors.....this will help in hooking up the sub to the stereo amp....which may not have sub / lfe out port

@a66, I may get beaten-up for saying this ;) just try pushing back your speakers all the way up to the back wall. Place them in the corner if needed. You will get more bass; at the expense of some resolution in those frequencies.

Well said smedhavi, usually a lot of people read a lot of purist stuff and actually pretend to enjoy most crap, just because it is compliant with some audiophile statement/review or matches some lab specification. What is important is how things sound to one's ears. There is nothing wrong in moving speakers closer to the rear wall or corner. I would go a step further and lower the speakers closer to the floor as well :)

I have Wharfedale 10.1 and am satisfied quite with the bass.
What is your source? Also check the speaker cables...get some good quality ones if you don't already have.
Rs202 is not a good amp, i have it and not satisfied with the sound

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back