Power Amp with matching speakers

RAJESH

Hi All,

I am not a very frequent visitor here. But i have a query hope i get a good solution from you experts. I am looking for a good power amp with matching speakers for my residence. I am looking a 3 way speaker, a woofer, mid-range, tweeter etc like the old ones we used to get before. The purpose is for good stereo setup for listening pleasure as well as for family get together, karaoke, etc. I have a an old onkyo prologic amplifier which i intend to use it as a per amp. I also saw a possibility of getting a pro sound with db speakers, & a mixer. But looking for more options. Budget is about 75k. This is one time investment so hope you guys can help out. Thanks & have a nice day.

- Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

With the price range of 75K ,you have open option for Floor standing speaker. But could you share the Onkyo Model because the Amp should be good enough to driver the speaker good on first hand.

You could try Whrafs,Jamo,Dali etc with an Audition and decide.

Hi Rajesh,

With 75K you have ample options. But if you are not keen on audiophile sound, just want to have a gr8 sound with Big Bass and dance music then as you mentioned 3 way speakers, go for pre modeled systems like sony and philips.
Nowadays they have made system for this purpose only.

If you are keen on audiophile system, so for power amp+speakers, you have option of sonodyne power amp and wharfdale and Dali speakers within 75K.

Cheers

Dheeraj

hi rajesh

what sort of music do you listen to and whats your room size

since youre getting into a stereo setup it would be worth the while to audition a few systems. esp in this range, each speaker / amp will have its own sound signature. in the same range setups will sound different. perhaps you could audition the kef q series, monitor audio bronze series and the wharfedale diamonds in floorstanders. you could also audition the monitor audio silver series for bookshelves, and you'll get a good understanding while comparing it with a lower model monitor audio bronze series floorstanders. if youre room size isnt too large and you dont listen to music too loud, i would prefer a bookshelf rather than a floorstander. you will get better sound quality. also since it is lower on power, you wont need too powerful an amp and so can again buy something of better quality like the nad / cambridge.

once you decide on the speakers, pairing it with a correct amplifier is also important. if you need for the floorstanders and a powerful amp, then i suggest the yamaha as 500. if its a less powerful amp that you require, then look at the nad / marantz / cambridge

at this price point it will be difficult to get a separate power amp. youre better off going with an integrated. also dont get too caught up on 3 way / 2 way etc. go by how it sounds and what you like

as for a pro sound set up, you will get big party kind of sound which it is meant for. but not really good for listening pleasure and easy listening. it depends on what you want

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back