Power amplifier

niftianmadhur

Hi, I am looking for a power amplifier for Dynaaudio focus 220. The pre amp in the chain is Aragon 28 mark 2. Right now I am using Forte audio fifty five for power amp and though the sound is really good, I feel the Dyn's need a more powerful amplifier to reach its full potential. I am based in Bangalore. Can someone suggest a place where I can audition few amps and decide. My budget is max 1 lac.
Thanks for viewing.

The Forte is supposed to be 100w at 8 ohm/170w at 4 ohm. Should be enough for the Dynaudios. If it’s struggling, may be worthwhile replacing the caps and trying before deciding on a new amp.

If you feel the speakers need even more power, I would recommend looking around for a used Parasound Halo A21 or Odyssey Stratos. I’ve tried both with Dynaudio speakers in the past and tonally they match well. The ones listed ahead are ones I haven’t tried personally but have heard good things about. Crown XLS series power amp (pro amp, by far the cheapest option). Acoustic Portrait (if they still make a suitably high power amplifier). Cambridge Audio 851w (not sure of pricing).

If comfortable with a DIY option, the TI class D boards may be worth trying (TPA3255)

The Forte is driving the Dynaudio well but after I auditioned the speakers with 240 watt Conrad Johnson MF2500, I cud see the difference specially on the low end thats why I thought to upgrade the power amp to a more powerful one. Thanks for the suggestions Jai. Will look for the ones u have suggested.

There is a lovely Parasound Integrated for sale by fm @newlash09, but it is above your current budget. Gut feel says it will be a super pairing, but now it's upto you.

Good Luck

Hi, I am looking for a power amplifier for Dynaaudio focus 220. The pre amp in the chain is Aragon 28 mark 2. Right now I am using Forte audio fifty five for power amp and though the sound is really good, I feel the Dyn's need a more powerful amplifier to reach its full potential. I am based in Bangalore. Can someone suggest a place where I can audition few amps and decide. My budget is max 1 lac.
Thanks for viewing.

Perhaps you can look at Emotiva BassX300

https://emotiva.com/collections/basx-series/products/a-300

Or Marantz MM7025

https://htstore.in/index.php?route=product/product&path=109_129&product_id=776

Audition and decide......

Hi
Let me share my recent experience with you
Maybe it can help you in some way

Recently I did dedicated mains wiring for my audio setup
Apart from the usual things of highs getting clean and sound less harsh due to cleaner power the bass has tightened up a lot
Absolutely no boom and there is a vast difference between what it was without new cabling and with
I would go to that extent to say that that tightness in bass is most improved aspect in the sound after changing mains cabling
Don't get me wrong, the highs have refined a lot but the way the bass is now is just too good....

So you may look into changing power cables or the mains cabling and see if brings some positive effect.

With cleaner power your amplifier will work more optimially and maybe suit well with the speakers you have.

Hi

Apart from the usual things of highs getting clean and sound less harsh due to cleaner power the bass has tightened up a lot
Absolutely no boom and there is a vast difference between what it was without new cabling and with
I would go to that extent to say that that tightness in bass is most improved aspect in the sound after changing mains cabling
Don't get me wrong, the highs have refined a lot but the way the bass is now is just too good....

So you may look into changing power cables or the mains cabling and see if brings some positive effect.

With cleaner power your amplifier will work more optimially and maybe suit well with the speakers you have.
I second this, I recently changed the mains line to 4sq mm havels cables and added a dedicated 5kva Stabilizer for HT room ; which improved the muddling of bass to a greater extent. The boom was definitely gone. This was nearly the same effect I got from using very premium power cables over stock cables. Its worth one time investment with multiple benefits.

There is a lovely Parasound Integrated for sale by fm @newlash09, but it is above your current budget. Gut feel says it will be a super pairing, but now it's upto you.

Good Luck
Checked with him. He is now planning to keep the amp.

Hi

Thanks for the input. I understood about changing the power cables but what do u mean by the main cable? Can u please elaborate? Currently I have connected all my equipments( Pre and power amp, CD player, TV etc) to a powercord which is connected to the switch board. I know it is not a good source of clean power and would like to get some suggestion from senior FMs to fix this. Any inputs are well appreciated.

I second this, I recently changed the mains line to 4sq mm havels cables and added a dedicated 5kva Stabilizer for HT room ; which improved the muddling of bass to a greater extent. The boom was definitely gone. This was nearly the same effect I got from using very premium power cables over stock cables. Its worth one time investment with multiple benefits.
Hi,
Thanks for the response. can u please suggest which kind of stabilizer to be used. Also which kind of premium power cable to be used. During my recent audition, i came across this power pirifier power socket made by Weiduka. Anyone has experiance with this?

https://www.amazon.com/Weiduka-AC8-...e=UTF8&qid=1532604193&sr=8-2&keywords=weiduka

Hi,
Thanks for the response. can u please suggest which kind of stabilizer to be used. Also which kind of premium power cable to be used. During my recent audition, i came across this power pirifier power socket made by Weiduka. Anyone has experiance with this?

https://www.amazon.com/Weiduka-AC8-...e=UTF8&qid=1532604193&sr=8-2&keywords=weiduka
That's a Power Conditioner, I have a Furman branded one but most importantly get the basic Power Supply to your HT room right. Buy power conditioner only after these don't work.
4Sqmm Wire is available with Havels and Finolex - getting a direct line to your HT sockets from Mains is better. It does not cost much and local electrician can do it.

I have bought a 5kva Servo Stabilizer from a local manufacturer, you'll get many in your local area and they can offer a immediate service if required.

Thanks for the input. I understood about changing the power cables but what do u mean by the main cable? Can u please elaborate? Currently I have connected all my equipments( Pre and power amp, CD player, TV etc) to a powercord which is connected to the switch board. I know it is not a good source of clean power and would like to get some suggestion from senior FMs to fix this. Any inputs are well appreciated.

What I mean by mains cable means the cable which comes from the various points to the wall plug which powers the audio setup

In my case I have taken direct connection from distribution box to the wall plug powering audio setup

After doing some digging, i came to this conclusion that i can buy a 2 KVA stabilzer( hope 2KVA is sufficient) and attach to a belkin surge protector. Is this ok or i should go for something else? Please suggest.

https://www.amazon.in/Belkin-Essent.../B0083T23AA/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&
qid=1533293763&sr=1-3&keywords=belkin+surge+protectors

All the music component can be connected to the surge protector. I am looking advice for stabilizer brand available in Bangalore. I can not do the dedicated wiring since I live in rented apartment so that have to wait.

Me too looking for a well maintained pre-owned power amp. Preference NAD 275BEE

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back