Power fluctuations in chennai

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
I suggest you isolate a line from the mains for you AV and put the single phase vertex on it along with the noise and surge protector.
Even in stable voltage locations there is no protection against spikes. So spike protection is a must.
Most modern audio equipment handle wide voltage variations but not all have protection against spikes.

Ok time is coming close for me to buy something now. I would rather go to a shop and get something. Looking for a vertex dealer in Chennai. Any leads?

Vertex RAJENDRA- 9739144154. Very responsive. Been using their 5KV stab in hyd for 5years and can vouch for them. They are more than willing to customise to any level to suit your taste and needs. I recall, they were not doing in black colour then, but as it is intended for home theatre, i insisted upon black. They had some internal discussion but did it for me.
But again let me warn you that servo stab is meant only in places with power fluctuations but absolutely no power cuts. If there are power cuts as well, then going for online ups is only the solution as it gives you time to shut down your gear properly. However, if you have power cuts only in morning/working hours, which is usually not viewing time except for weekends, then u can buy a servo stab with all bells and whistles half the price of online ups.All the best.

Last edited:
I think I need ups mainly because I have a turntable. And I want to avoid the TT coming to a sudden stop while playing when the power goes.

But problem is, I have two setups. My HT room is a dedicated room and in my living room, I have a stereo setup where the TT will be. That means I need two UPS? These ups are very expensive.

Vertex RAJENDRA- 9739144154. Very responsive. Been using their 5KV stab in hyd for 5years and can vouch for them. They are more than willing to customise to any level to suit your taste and needs. I recall, they were not doing in black colour then, but as it is intended for home theatre, i insisted upon black. They had some internal discussion but did it for me.
But again let me warn you that servo stab is meant only in places with power fluctuations but absolutely no power cuts. If there are power cuts as well, then going for online ups is only the solution as it gives you time to shut down your gear properly. However, if you have power cuts only in morning/working hours, which is usually not viewing time except for weekends, then u can buy a servo stab with all bells and whistles half the price of online ups.All the best.
Thanks so much. Where are u based?

I have spoken to the vertex guys today. Attached is what they have sent me. Kindly advise.

I plan to use the 1kva in living room that has the following :

1. Creek amp
2. Technics TT
3. Marantz cd player
4. Tatasky
5. Music streamer

The 3 kVA will be for the HT room :

1. Marantz 6012 AVR
2. Emotiva 2 ch power amp
3. BDP
4. Nvidia shield
5. Tatasky