Power Management for the HT gears

rajivaryan1984

Dear FM's,

While setting up HT and HiFi gears one of the important things which need to plan is proper Power Management as I am sure you will agree that any fluctuations or trip can spoil the expensive and lovely gears we own, therefore I would like to have your inputs and feedback on the same so that I can accordingly plan for the same. Kindly advise accordingly ---

Besides all other gears, I have decided to get an AV Rack which will come up 8 Shelf's, 2 Fan Trays and 12 SOCKET Spike Buster. It will contain --

Marantz SR7013
Marantz PM8006
Marantz NA8005
Marantz SD40 Cassette Deck
Samsung 4K Player
Apple TV
Nvidia
PS4
Xbox One

Under TV Unit

Sony OLED TV AF 65 Inches
Tata Sky Setup BOX
SVS PB-2000
Project Debut Carbon TT

Finally in order to ensure that the gears are not affected by the Fluctuations, Electricity Suddenly going off, Back Up coming in and the load which comes within a fraction or few seconds between Electricity going off and backup coming in ----

---Now do I need to make any other changes in the rack ?
--- The Power Source of the Spike Buster of the RACK, TV, TT, Subs and Setup Box has to be connected to a single source which has to be ???? Please advise which can help with the above situations or scenarios...

Good setup and planning. Although I have never used a commercial rack with power distribution however I can say below things to keep in mind
  1. Apart from preventing device damages from fluctuations, getting better power source ensures better audio quality. I see you have both HT and Stereo setup, so stereo setup will yield noticeable difference with a better power source
  2. Never mix devices with SMPS based power adapters / modules with others as SMPS based modules tend to send back noise to the main power line and in turn impact other devices that are sharing the same line. Your Tata Sky is definitely in this list, not sure of the Apple TV or PS / XBs. Your router or typical desktop switches are SMPS based sources in case you are co-locating them to your network players. Cooling fans are mostly culprits to in inducing noise but if they have a separate isolating power supply then its fine.
  3. Devices that rely on clocks like DACs, CDP, Network Players in stereo benefit most from better power sources.
You may also consider going through the below extensive discussions already made in this forum earlier. A better power source is on my list of future upgrades, limited only due to budget and other priorities.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back