Power Supply for DAC

saikat74

I'm planning to get a pre-built DIY DAC from the US. Before I go ahead and buy it, I'd like to know where I can get a audio grade power supply for it. Specifications: Regulated 5V 300ma.

If a good quality off-the-shelf product is not available, is there anybody who can build it for me in Mumbai? And approximate cost?

Thanks.

Here in Bangalore PCBs with schematics and part are easily available for diyers in SP Road. I'm sure these should also be available-you need to ask for 'project work" kits.

hey, i just ordered one from mister x today,

i plan to assemble this on a common pcb
The σ25 Regulated Power Supply

Are you getting the PCB from AMB itself? or do you have another source? I'm no good at soldering, so i'll need to get it populated from someone when I get hold of the parts, the PCB being the main component.

I'm holding back the DAC purchase till I can figure out the PSU.

Or should I go ahead & buy the DAC and manage the PSU later?

this is very simple 7805 ic based powersupply, i am assembling in a common board,

if you cant do yourself, maybe any nearby electronic repair shop should be able to do it,

this is very simple 7805 ic based powersupply, i am assembling in a common board,

if you cant do yourself, maybe any nearby electronic repair shop should be able to do it,

rather than doing this, why are you not looking at LM317 based regulated PS? These are more silent and less noise/ripple in output compared to 78xx. Supposed to be good for audio and radio where low signal level electronics involved.
Download the datasheet for LM317 and look at application notes section. Just add diodes from output to input for protection. That is also mentioned there.

just because this(7805) was the first thing came to mind, and is very simple.

i'll give 317 a look, thanks

china ebay boards for PSU will be the most easy to procure , grab from ebay they give free shipping all the times,

There are exotic regulators like Miniregulator in DIY audio, newbies will find difficult to do.

I'm planning to get a pre-built DIY DAC from the US. Before I go ahead and buy it, I'd like to know where I can get a audio grade power supply for it. Specifications: Regulated 5V 300ma.

If a good quality off-the-shelf product is not available, is there anybody who can build it for me in Mumbai? And approximate cost?

Thanks.

You could try the SMPS from a discarded computer cabinet. The outputs are 5 V and 12 V. You could ignore the 12 V and just use the 5 V. Hope this helps.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back