Practical ideas for first speaker build

gobble

Opening a thread for practical suggestions and questions related to my speaker building project which I plan to commence soon.

Enclosure size would be 5 ltrs. Sealed box. These are for jxr6-hd drivers and meant to be close to the wall for baffle step compensation. I plan to wall mount the two 5 ltr boxes, (narrow and deep to minimize back reflections). But I live in a rented house.

What type of fixture would you folks recommend to attach or hang the speakers without requiring large bolts like those used to mount TV dish antennas? I would prefer the regular screws used to hang wall paintings with the "round hole tapering into a slit" kind of fixture - two of them at top and two at bottom for a total of 4 max per speaker. Would these hold a 5 ltr box of 3/4" ply safely? What about vibrations and coupling to the wall and transmission?

Last option would be the bolts of size used for the dish antennas. Now what kind of fitting to use on the speaker body to mount it on the wall? Only two bolts per speaker max, considering their size. Remember each hole in the wall would be like drilling a hole in the heart of the landlord ... :rolleyes:

TIA
--G0bble

Last edited:
Googling around, this seems to be the easiest best - one embedded at the top panel and one at the bottom. Easily fabricated locally.

p121AM15B-f.jpeg

But it will require two screws in a line not parallel to each other ...

--G

Opening a thread for practical suggestions and questions related to my speaker building project which I plan to commence soon.

Enclosure size would be 5 ltrs. Sealed box. These are for jxr6-hd drivers and meant to be close to the wall for baffle step compensation. I plan to wall mount the two 5 ltr boxes, (narrow and deep to minimize back reflections). But I live in a rented house.

What type of fixture would you folks recommend to attach or hang the speakers without requiring large bolts like those used to mount TV dish antennas? I would prefer the regular screws used to hang wall paintings with the "round hole tapering into a slit" kind of fixture - two of them at top and two at bottom for a total of 4 max per speaker. Would these hold a 5 ltr box of 3/4" ply safely? What about vibrations and coupling to the wall and transmission?

Last option would be the bolts of size used for the dish antennas. Now what kind of fitting to use on the speaker body to mount it on the wall? Only two bolts per speaker max, considering their size. Remember each hole in the wall would be like drilling a hole in the heart of the landlord ... :rolleyes:

TIA
--G0bble

Googling around, this seems to be the easiest best - one embedded at the top panel and one at the bottom. Easily fabricated locally.

p121AM15B-f.jpeg

But it will require two screws in a line not parallel to each other ...

--G

Hiya Gobbs
Methinx you are more concerned about the LL's walls than the speaker design
:clapping::eek:hyeah::lol:

Consider either of these

Loudspeaker solutions

I got these from Rajiv D'Souza of Lithos Audio to go with his Noa1s.
VLB 500 Loudspeaker support (2x) Black
Pretty neat, I must say. I do remember desi equivalents available at half the price on technoguru too, but that was about a year back, you may like to check accordingly.

Cheerio

Hiya Gobbs
Methinx you are more concerned about the LL's walls than the speaker design
:clapping::eek:hyeah::lol:

Consider either of these

Loudspeaker solutions

I got these from Rajiv D'Souza of Lithos Audio to go with his Noa1s.
VLB 500 Loudspeaker support (2x) Black
Pretty neat, I must say. I do remember desi equivalents available at half the price on technoguru too, but that was about a year back, you may like to check accordingly.

Cheerio

Just saw your post - missed it somehow. Thanks.

How much did you get these for? What dia and pitch of screws does it take? I suppose it would hold up to 5kgs - I need to estimate the weight of a 6ltr box first.

Another question - the speaker magnet sits pretty deep behind the cone - should I surround it with an open box or cube of wood inside the cabinet or should I use this method? chamfering driver holes

Thanks
--G

Last edited:
I think you can make a bracket from any local workshop, try the following (2 for each speaker), i think this will be more than enough:
stand.jpg

Just saw your post - missed it somehow. Thanks.

How much did you get these for? What dia and pitch of screws does it take? I suppose it would hold up to 5kgs - I need to estimate the weight of a 6ltr box first.

Another question - the speaker magnet sits pretty deep behind the cone - should I surround it with an open box or cube of wood inside the cabinet or should I use this method? chamfering driver holes

Thanks
--G

Hiya Gobbs
Sorry was away from HFV for a few days, so couldnt reply.
IIRC it was about 1350 a pair.

You might find these details here
http://www.vogels.com/web/wcbservlet/com.gxwebmanager.solutions.assetservlet.servlet?id=14838298

or here
http://www.vogels.com/web/wcbservlet/com.gxwebmanager.solutions.assetservlet.servlet?id=131742

I suggest you go in for option C (or E, if you have/want a thicker mounting/front baffle) from amongst the five shown in the link that you posted.

Cheerio
Have fun

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back