Pre-amplifier for AYRE V5SE

gnanasekhar

I am searching for a pre-owned preamplier for Ayre V5SE Power Amplifer. Your opinions and guidance will be appriciated. Thanks in advance.

The ultimate preamp for your requirement is: Parasound: Model - Halo P5 2.1 channel stereo preamp. The most advanced model with all the modern features. Read about on the site.
Cheers.

+1 to Sunder's suggestion

Parasound makes beautiful sounding equipment. The Halo series is delicious eye-candy, but well designed inside.
I have heard their products while I was in the US. Then I did not have the means to buy them.
Couple of other companies that makes stunning looking and sounding products is Classe and Chord.

If you have the budget, please audition the above. I am sure there are FMs owning this range of equipment.

Cheers,
Raghu

Ayre works best in the balanced mode. So make sure the pre you buy has a balanced input. Why don't you look at the Ayre matching pre. Many prefer a tube pre with the Ayre. BAT or Audio Research are good options

Last edited:
I am searching for a pre-owned preamplier for Ayre V5SE Power Amplifer. Your opinions and guidance will be appriciated. Thanks in advance.

How many source are you planning to hook up?

If just one, instead of preamp, try to have a source with built-in volume control or try something like Tisbury, Schiit Sys.

Ayre Acoustics KX-5 Preamplifier
This may be a 'good' match for your power amp.
Do look around.
See what you can find.
Locally, there is Electrocompaniet / Octave / Parasound [Halo] /

AYRE K-3x Preamp with Remote
This is the 'perfect' match for your power amp.
Look around for it.

Cheers.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back