PRE-POWER COMBO Vs INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER

CLEARCUT

There s general idea Amplifier in the hifi chain should be according to the room size and the speaker sensitivity. For a smaller room it s enough to go for a 40 p.c s.s amplifier if the speaker is too sensitivity like 105 db or the enclosure is large it is enough to go for a 2 watt p.c set amp. But with my experience of a certain amplifiers. I prefer pre power combo is too good rather than integrated. One argument is there separate power supply is needed and inter connect is needed if it s not good there will be loss of signal or quality. But what i feel is if it s pre power there is dedicated power supply no power shortage to drive speaker less distortion. Dynamic quality improves. Good components are there. Good controls so there s hissing or humming. Gradual volume control. So in a little crank up will deliver the music. Less distortion is the main factor here. Singers voice will be alike is an example for this. Ofcourse mere pre power combo will not do there also should be a quality components and build up. What i am coming to say is rather than going for a integrated amp at the same watts go for pre power combo with little more expense. Nowadays carefully used combos are available. MORE WATTAGE IN POWER AMPLIFIER WITH GOOD BUILT UP WILL DEFINITELY ENTERTAIN US IN SMall ROOM BECAUSE OF VERY LOW DISTORTION. I USE IN MY SMALL BED ROOM 25O WATTS P.C NAD 208 POWER AMP. OFCOURSE THERE S VERY GOOD AMP IN LITTLE WATTS MOON AUDIO NAIM. They provide clarity in every frequencies at the loss of bass. In a live concert we also hear low frequencies. Very reasonable low frequencies are must

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back