Pricing of Denon 3700/ 4700

k_vijay12

Hi ,

What should be the good price to buy for Denon 3700/4700 or Marantz 6015/7015.

I was hoping that the supply wd improve and prices to come down. But prices have gone up. Got to know that further increase in price expected. Pls share /pm me of the contacts of dealers. I was not able to get the quote of prices a few forum members r mentioning.

Actually dealers are saying sorry If I request to reduce a bit as well.

Hi ,

What should be the good price to buy for Denon 3700/4700 or Marantz 6015/7015.

I was hoping that the supply wd improve and prices to come down. But prices have gone up. Got to know that further increase in price expected. Pls share /pm me of the contacts of dealers. I was not able to get the quote of prices a few forum members r mentioning.

Actually dealers are saying sorry If I request to reduce a bit as well.
For Marantz you can speak directly to MZ audio who are the dealers. For Denon, you may need to ask the Denon owners in your vicinity.

Prices won't reduce, infact waiting will increase the prices further.
I have a x3700 a good price for it would be around 90-115k
Speak with as many dealers as possible.

Prices won't reduce, infact waiting will increase the prices further.
I have a x3700 a good price for it would be around 90-115k
Speak with as many dealers as possible.

In September , forum folks mentioned, 4700 @1.15l. When I contacted dealers best offer is 1.35l but only one piece available with the seller. And it might have been sold by now. New prices wd be dependent on the price they get it seems , most likely it wd increase is what I was told.

3700/6015 r in the Upper range of what you mentioned.

Why are prices increasing? Production is slow for AV Receivers these days?

Why are prices increasing? Production is slow for AV Receivers these days?
Electronics industry has been affected by erratic supply chain issues. So production runs are smaller and input costs have gone up.
In addition as other FMs have stated, shipping lines are overburdened, energy costs have gone up and USDINR conversion is not favorable.
If not in a hurry, it may make sense to postpone some purchases.

Cheers,
Raghu

Electronics industry has been affected by erratic supply chain issues. So production runs are smaller and input costs have gone up.
In addition as other FMs have stated, shipping lines are overburdened, energy costs have gone up and USDINR conversion is not favorable.
If not in a hurry, it may make sense to postpone some purchases.

Cheers,
Raghu
+1
And freight cost through the roof, if some other industry retailers are to be believed.

Can it be brought to India like a used device if someone from USA buys it and brings it to India? Or will it be subjected to customs levies?

3700 will be around 1.2lac plus or minus a few thousand. I bought mine 2 mos ago. Not sure if prices have gone up beyond that now.
Cheers,
Sid

Bought 3700 @ 1.2 lac around 1.5 months ago. It was the HDMI 2.1 updated model which is not easily available so thought the price was Ok.

@sidvee ,@Rjoshi - Please share your feedback on 3700. Why not 4700. My understanding is that 4700 has additional benefits of Auro 3D , eARC , Better sounding amp, sounds better for music in Stereo mode than 3700, ...any thing else i am missing ?

@sidvee ,@Rjoshi - Please share your feedback on 3700. Why not 4700. My understanding is that 4700 has additional benefits of Auro 3D , eARC , Better sounding amp, sounds better for music in Stereo mode than 3700, ...any thing else i am missing ?
These are differences between these two from a specifications perspective. On paper the difference looks minimal except Auro 3D.
However, whatever I read in other forums, 4700 has a better DSP implementation and Bass management, making a noticeable difference (didn't had a chance to do a AB testing though).

Edit:- here is an excellent article on choosing the right AVR.

Last edited:
There are very few movies with Auro 3D, earc is present in both x3700 and x4700. More power in x4700 but increase would be very less in reality. Yes x4700, will be better built and slightly more features. But consider only the features you will use.
IMAX enhanced which both have also has very few movies out there.

AVRs don't sound good for stereo music as IAs. Mere 15-20k used IA will blow these AVRs out.

I would suggest go with x3700, slowly get a power amp to power your front speakers.
If you listen to more music, add in a decent Pre amp in the mix. You get both of the worlds.

I am using x3700 only for movies and 10% for music. Have a external amplifier which power front speakers, I have 4 ways to feed through a switch box for input going in the external amplifier.
1) Denon x3700 AvR
2) NAD 165bee Pre amp
3) FX Audio Tube Pre amp
4) LG V30 with quad DAC directly connected

But if the price difference is very less between x3700 and x4700, go for x4700.

Last edited:
I had exactly the same reasoning as @amrutmhatre90 and hence went for the 3700 (upgraded from a 2700). It's not a dedicated theatre room and even the 2300 was working fine for me. I am happy with the 3700 for movies and also for music (I listen at moderate levels). Also i was getting a HDM 2.1 updated model in 3700 so finalized on that as it was a key criteria for connecting the XBox Series X.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back