PrimePhonic - Classical Music - Must try Streaming service !

Status
Not open for further replies.

buxx

Hi guys,

So i came across an article early during the Lockdown where they mentioned PrimePhonic being one of the unique apps that was a Classical Music-only streaming service. I was always interested in Western Classical Music and wanted to try out , the App was free, so how bad could the experience be.

I installed it on my phone and used BT to stream it to my Marantz. I think at the time they used to offer "only" 320Kbps top bitrate.

I enjoyed the novelty of listening to Classical and was hooked on for a few weeks. The App had nifty features and playlists.
They had titles curated under Composers /Genre /Themes and /Modern vs Ancient, /Movie soundtracks and themes etc etc. !

Then my interest in Music streaming waned a little, as the Lockdown and the Post-Covid world became the new normal.

Recently , I again came through an ad where they were offering a 30-day trial and 24-bit Lossless Audio quality streaming plan.

My interest was piqued again. Installed the app, signed up for a free trial and this time I fired up the Modern Classical playlist.
OMG , I havent been able to put down the streaming and been using it on my HT & Stereo setup.

This is one streaming service that you gotta sign up for, if you even have a passing interest in the Classics..

Primephonic and IDAGIO are two excellent comparable lossless streaming options for those interested in Western Classical. I wish Saregama Classical (Indian) can take a leaf of the pages of these apps in terms of content size, features and usability.

For those unwilling to pay, but want to access FLAC western classical streaming, check out the Radio Classical Klasu Pro internet radio station stream.

Primephonic and IDAGIO are two excellent comparable lossless streaming options for those interested in Western Classical. I wish Saregama Classical (Indian) can take a leaf of the pages of these apps in terms of content size, features and usability.

For those unwilling to pay, but want to access FLAC western classical streaming, check out the Radio Classical Klasu Pro internet radio station stream.
Thanks for sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back