Pro Audio kits in various budgets for home consumers

I am not sure how "feeling below 20hz" is going to give people any difference in their auditory sense. I do ofcourse feel something with vibrations, but there is no sonic feel in that. Our mind works little complex than we assume , if our eyes see some vibrations which we cant hear , we wishfully think we heard some thing very low....

I can relate to this, I have BIC PL300 though I am yet to measure it. Some scenes just make windows rattle, I feel little to no bass.

Twitters give HF which is directional sound waves... with increase in tweeter sound ... our ears will feel pinch and bleed i guess.
I'm not sure of high frequencies from Twitter, but, generally that platform is noisy, depends on who you follow, I guess. Some of the vociferous tweets can cause pinch and ear bleed.

Last edited:
I'm not sure of high frequencies from Twitter, but, generally that platform is noisy, depends on who you follow, I guess. Some of the vociferous tweets can cause pinch and ear bleed.
sorry typo. Auto correct from mobile. funny though!

I am not sure how "feeling below 20hz" is going to give people any difference in their auditory sense. I do ofcourse feel something with vibrations, but there is no sonic feel in that. Our mind works little complex than we assume , if our eyes see some vibrations which we cant hear , we wishfully think we heard some thing very low....
As I was saying, humans cannot hear below 20Hz. But we can’t still fee the bass. It is not a placebo effect.

“Avg human cannot hear frequencies below 30 hz. But many ppl here are obsessed with the low end bass that goes below 20hz, i seriously doubt its a (feel good) placebo effect.”

You should go for an audition and experience it. My sub goes to 25 Hz and I can hear it.

20Hz can be heard, so can 10Hz at sufficient level, they are however more felt than heard. They also create a certain pressure on the ear which is discernible at some level. While they are perceptible at certain levels they do not add much to the experience. I would suggest that if one is interested in movies to pursue 20Hz but leave the rest unless one has the means and space to go further and doesn't mind expending the resources for little gain. Most people buy relatively cheap,small and low performing subwoofers, they often barely go below 30Hz if you measured them but some buy larger more expensive systems and it is in these situations that they consider which subwoofer to buy and whether chasing 10Hz (or below) is worth it for them since they are buying a new system and they aim to buy a system which covers wide bandwidth if they so choose as opposed to systems which have less bandwidth, most do not go out of their way to "add" low bass to an existing system. Another important consideration is most people grossly misgauge the frequency they are hearing. In modern times it is common for inexperienced people to mistake a significantly higher bass frequency for a lower one. There is also a growing elitist segment about low frequencies and the capability to reproduce it at high volumes among some on the internet, particularly at AVS forum.

All in all I say that frequencies below 20Hz are not worth pursuing and for music 40Hz is sufficient (preferable in my view) for music unless you are fond of certain genres that go lower, in which case 25-30Hz is sufficient in most all but fringe cases, these fringe cases are either the pipe organ or people who are obsessed with low frequency and listen to songs like " Bass I Love You" and it's ilk on repeat, although in my humble opinion such tracks could hardly be termed "music".

As I was saying, humans cannot hear below 20Hz. But we can’t still fee the bass. It is not a placebo effect.

“Avg human cannot hear frequencies below 30 hz. But many ppl here are obsessed with the low end bass that goes below 20hz, i seriously doubt its a (feel good) placebo effect.”

You should go for an audition and experience it. My sub goes to 25 Hz and I can hear it.
I said average person. Yes we wd know our auditory ability only through an audiogram.. not through a sub.

Gentlemen, this proaudio thread has gone into the infrasonsic realm. Hope it returns back from the depths.
My point of mentioning is.. I was trying to drive a point that many ppl can't accurately tell the difference. I was giving an example of the LFE in subs. People are open to defend about feeling 20 hz, but still I m not getting what's the point of feel... Is it enhancing our audio experience?? Probably not. We can do an experiment - get a fancy brand $$$$ sub n tell ppl to audition... They wd definitely give it brownie points. And use many superlatives even when in reality, it is something not.

ProAudio doesn't make difference in a home environment. I did explore this and spoke to QSC company technical folks. They themselves are not in favour of pro grade in home setup. Pro audio experience is good only in acoustic treated room meeting certain standards, plus I don't think ppl can binge watch in a Pro audio setup cos the focus of Pro audio cinema setup is more on SPL. Discomfort is very likely. Having good pro audio experience in movie theaters is good enough for short term entertainment without making us feel uncomfortable/ fatigue. Also music is anyday better in regular systems than prograde setup. Point being ,we can hear for long hours as well ( of course some exceptions are there)

Well I have heard , several times , a Rethm Saadhna (I guess this is consumer audio ) in an interesting setup. The Saadhnas have active bass modules , but in this setup , the bass was XO to a pair of gigantic Lowthers (which are pro I believe ). I have no idea how it was time - aligned , but the setup sounded absolutely incredible.
Especially the bass.
5441BEC2-26E8-48D2-8BF9-53AA4779A8F0.jpeg

My point of mentioning is.. I was trying to drive a point that many ppl can't accurately tell the difference. I was giving an example of the LFE in subs. People are open to defend about feeling 20 hz, but still I m not getting what's the point of feel... Is it enhancing our audio experience?? Probably not. We can do an experiment - get a fancy brand $$$$ sub n tell ppl to audition... They wd definitely give it brownie points. And use many superlatives even when in reality, it is something not.

ProAudio doesn't make difference in a home environment. I did explore this and spoke to QSC company technical folks. They themselves are not in favour of pro grade in home setup. Pro audio experience is good only in acoustic treated room meeting certain standards, plus I don't think ppl can binge watch in a Pro audio setup cos the focus of Pro audio cinema setup is more on SPL. Discomfort is very likely. Having good pro audio experience in movie theaters is good enough for short term entertainment without making us feel uncomfortable/ fatigue. Also music is anyday better in regular systems than prograde setup. Point being ,we can hear for long hours as well ( of course some exceptions are there)
No issues Vijay, I did not want to digress from the thread hence did not continue. I get your point and there is a lot to enjoy above 20 hz too. But I guess it is different strokes for different people.

I have used QSC sc 1120 in my bedroom ( well furnished )
It sounded great even for music. . And yeah it's different from a tweeter based speaker for sure..

Well I have heard , several times , a Rethm Saadhna (I guess this is consumer audio ) in an interesting setup. The Saadhnas have active bass modules , but in this setup , the bass was XO to a pair of gigantic Lowthers (which are pro I believe ). I have no idea how it was time - aligned , but the setup sounded absolutely incredible.
Especially the bass.
View attachment 67838
This is one of the best setups I've ever experienced.

For bass-
Choose to have something which gives killer bass down to at least 30 hz first.
Then if budget and size permits try upgrading to an infrasonic sub.. which can hit high SPL at those frequencies.

For bass-
Choose to have something which gives killer bass down to at least 30 hz first.
Then if budget and size permits try upgrading to an infrasonic sub.. which can hit high SPL at those frequencies.
For movies these might have benefits , but for only music I’m not sure if <30Hz subs have any value…

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back