Pro-Ject 2 Xperience III

Asit

Hi fellow vinyl lovers,

I have been missing my vinyls for some time now, especially after the upgrade of my amplifier. I have a modest collection of vinyls and my favored genre is Indian classical music (which means there may not be any new vinyls available). Hence I do not want to invest a lot in this, but keeping the rest of my chain in mind, the new TT should be a reasonable one. Moreover, I cannot buy one immediately for economic reasons. I'll wait for my opportunities patiently for this. However, I like to start some work right now.

What do you people think of the Pro-Ject '2 Xperience III'? I believe it is available in two superpacks which should be VFM.

Please tell me a bit in detail what are the important things to look for in a TT these days, and then in relation to that what are the good things this particular TT possesses or does not possess. Some of the things I can think of are the plinth and the motor, the table, isolation, the tone-arm, the cartridge and the needle etc.

Can somebody compare this with the Pro-Jects '1 Xpression III', the 'RPM 5' and the Clearaudio 'Concept'? What are the improvements over the '1 Xpression III', or even the 'Debut III'?

How much should this be available for in India?

Regrads.

Hi fellow vinyl lovers,

I have been missing my vinyls for some time now, especially after the upgrade of my amplifier. I have a modest collection of vinyls and my favored genre is Indian classical music (which means there may not be any new vinyls available). Hence I do not want to invest a lot in this, but keeping the rest of my chain in mind, the new TT should be a reasonable one. Moreover, I cannot buy one immediately for economic reasons. I'll wait for my opportunities patiently for this. However, I like to start some work right now.

What do you people think of the Pro-Ject '2 Xperience III'? I believe it is available in two superpacks which should be VFM.

Please tell me a bit in detail what are the important things to look for in a TT these days, and then in relation to that what are the good things this particular TT possesses or does not possess. Some of the things I can think of are the plinth and the motor, the table, isolation, the tone-arm, the cartridge and the needle etc.

Can somebody compare this with the Pro-Jects '1 Xpression III', the 'RPM 5' and the Clearaudio 'Concept'? What are the improvements over the '1 Xpression III', or even the 'Debut III'?

How much should this be available for in India?

Regrads.

Hi Asit,
I have a 2 Xperience TT. It is absolutely WONDERFUL. It is a HUGE step up over the Technics table that I also own...
I have compared it to the RPM 5, which IMHO is a good table as well. I personally found its tone to be dark when comapred to the 2 Xperience.

The 2 Xperience is SEVERAL shades better than the 1 Xpression.

I have not heard the Clearaudio Concept. Though I have heard the Ambiente or something like that.... Its was super, and it was also about 3-4 times the price of the 2 Xperience...

IMHO, the 2 Xperience is a great buy. Especially the super pack. The 3 speed motor that comes with it makes the sound even better. The stock cart/stylus (RONDO RED) on its arm is quite super too!

I'd say go for the 2 Xperience. At its price (about 80k in Mumbai for the 2 Xperience super pack) it's a giant killa!

Last edited:
Hi Malvai,

Great to hear that you gave your thumbs up on the 2 Xperience III. The Rondo Red cartridge itself is more than USD 300, I believe.

However, to spend that kind of money, I have to wait a bit. Even then everything has to work out in my favor, domestically :D.

Where did you buy it from? From Nova Audio? I'll be in Mumbai in mid Feb. Planning to visit Nova to see if they would have any demo pieces. Stevieboy says he got lucky twice with Sushil Anand of Nova. I am usually very unlucky. I always miss out on the great deals. I am sure Sushil would already sell a great table at a great price just the day before I'd arrive there :mad:.

Regards.

Hi Malvai,

Great to hear that you gave your thumbs up on the 2 Xperience III. The Rondo Red cartridge itself is more than USD 300, I believe.

However, to spend that kind of money, I have to wait a bit. Even then everything has to work out in my favor, domestically :D.

Where did you buy it from? From Nova Audio? I'll be in Mumbai in mid Feb. Planning to visit Nova to see if they would have any demo pieces. Stevieboy says he got lucky twice with Sushil Anand of Nova. I am usually very unlucky. I always miss out on the great deals. I am sure Sushil would already sell a great table at a great price just the day before I'd arrive there :mad:.

Regards.

I didn't buy mine form Sushil. However, I have spoken to Sushil a couple of times and he is a great guy. My suggestion is that you talk to him a couple of times and keep a conversation going before you get here, so he'll keep a great deal open for you... The thing with demo stock is that it gets lapped up quick!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back