Problem iam facing in Denon 1910 avr

nagurum1974

hello gurus. when iam watching movies at -25db volume after 20 - 30 the avr is shutting down automatically.my speakers are craftel 5.1 pakage.speaker ratings 6 ohms max power 130 watts. is there any problem with the avr r with the speaker .please help me to get rid of it

It must be the heat which causes AVR to shut down(protection mode)
Secondly your spk are 6ohm with max 130w,that is they need more power.1910 has 90w for 8 ohm & driving these spk are making AVR drawing more power which causing shutting down.

nagurum1974, does the AVR shutdown regardless of any movie or does it happen only when watching specific movies / scenes?

Also, when it shuts down, did you try touching the top of the 1910? Was it too hot?

@ theking

not in particular movie.iam facing this in all movies.i cant hear the dialouqes in the center channel in low volumes .when i increases the volume after 20-30 minutes it automatically shuttind down . yaeh its hot.

Setting the avr impedance.to 6ohms might help reduce.the.load on it and thereby the heat IMHO...but speakers will be more underpwered I think as the Avr is rated at around 70wpc @6ohms if my memory is correct.

Regards

@ theking

not in particular movie.iam facing this in all movies.i cant hear the dialouqes in the center channel in low volumes .when i increases the volume after 20-30 minutes it automatically shuttind down . yaeh its hot.

Ok I am going to guess that the 1910 is being driven beyond it's limits hence it is activating its protection mode to prevent the receiver from being damaged.

Since you mentioned that you are increasing the volume to hear the dialogues more clearly, you can try a work around. If you have not run the Audyssey calibration already, run it and see what speaker volume settings it comes up with. Then play any movie and if you are still not happy with the center channel volume for dialogues, increase the volume of center channel alone till you are happy with it - usually increasing the center channel volume (alone) by a couple of decibels should fix the problem. Then play movie and see if the receiver still shuts down.

1- check for loose speaker wires
2- Reconnect all wires and chk if all connections are properly done and secure
3- current source ,is it connected directly to outlet or thro a splitter sharing multiple sources , if shared connect it directly to power outlet and check

if still problem persists

4- whats the source (DVD/BD) ,
5- At what vol level does it trip ( let us know the vol setting of the AVR 0-? )

1- check for loose speaker wires
2- Reconnect all wires and chk if all connections are properly done and secure
3- current source ,is it connected directly to outlet or thro a splitter sharing multiple sources , if shared connect it directly to power outlet and check

if still problem persists

4- whats the source (DVD/BD) ,
5- At what vol level does it trip ( let us know the vol setting of the AVR 0-? )

i did checked the connections.everything is fine.current source is directly form the outlet no sharing. source is pio dvdp595

Ok I am going to guess that the 1910 is being driven beyond it's limits hence it is activating its protection mode to prevent the receiver from being damaged.

Since you mentioned that you are increasing the volume to hear the dialogues more clearly, you can try a work around. If you have not run the Audyssey calibration already, run it and see what speaker volume settings it comes up with. Then play any movie and if you are still not happy with the center channel volume for dialogues, increase the volume of center channel alone till you are happy with it - usually increasing the center channel volume (alone) by a couple of decibels should fix the problem. Then play movie and see if the receiver still shuts down.

i already did the auto calibration.then i adjust the center channel volume.still the problem persist

hows the volume setting in the avr 0 - what level? (max)

at what level does the amp trip ?

i already did the auto calibration.then i adjust the center channel volume.still the problem persist

Ok, this is getting interesting. I tried googling for information about your speakers but could not find anything useful. Are your front speakers floorstanders or bookshelves? Could you please post the specifications of your subwoofers?

Also check this: Has the Denon set your front speakers as large or small? What are your cross-over settings for front, center & surround speakers in Hz?

And let us know the volume level when it trips as requested by Subhash.

Ok, this is getting interesting. I tried googling for information about your speakers but could not find anything useful. Are your front speakers floorstanders or bookshelves? Could you please post the specifications of your subwoofers?

Also check this: Has the Denon set your front speakers as large or small? What are your cross-over settings for front, center & surround speakers in Hz?

And let us know the volume level when it trips as requested by Subhash.

iam attaching the spec given by mark from craftel

Attachments

• spec.txt
    936 bytes · Views: 17
iam attaching the spec given by mark from craftel

naguram1974,

The speaker spec says that the impedance of the speakers are 5 ohms! That is an unusual at least for me - are you sure it is 5 ohms and not 6 ohms? But if the impedance are really 5 ohms, then that may explain why the 1910 shuts down. 5 ohm is a difficult load to drive and the Denon 1910 may not be up to it.

And since they are floorstanders, the 1910 may have set the speakers to large. Try changing it to small and change the cross-over settings for front, center & surround speakers to pass anything below 80Hz to the subwoofer. Let me know if it helps.

naguram1974,

The speaker spec says that the impedance of the speakers are 5 ohms! That is an unusual at least for me - are you sure it is 5 ohms and not 6 ohms? But if the impedance are really 5 ohms, then that may explain why the 1910 shuts down. 5 ohm is a difficult load to drive and the Denon 1910 may not be up to it.

And since they are floorstanders, the 1910 may have set the speakers to large. Try changing it to small and change the cross-over settings for front, center & surround speakers to pass anything below 80Hz to the subwoofer. Let me know if it helps.

sure .the specs r given by the manufacturer.sure i will do as u said and i will

volume setting 0-80
trips around 20-30

at this volume level it shud not normally trip
as dhilip has stated 5 ohms spkrs are rarely heard of and for a AVR to drive anything below 6 ohms is difficult
do try to set all spkrs as small in the AVR settings

also do call the spkr guys if something cud be done

For an AVR safest wud be upto 6 ohms speakers, anything below this wud coz the AVR to trip as it cannot meet the demands of the spkrs

Last edited:
Are all the spkrs in your set up 5 ohms,

if yes

then the AVr is not designed to handle low impedence spkrs below 6 ohms

it will work fine at moderate vol with these spkrs but as you play louder the impedence dips further cozing the avr to go into protect mode

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back