Problem in playing 720p in my plasma LG PQ60

doubleseven

Hi guys,

I downloaded 720p and 1080p movies with high resolution on the net and tried playing it with pen drive in my plasma. But it failed saying " This file is not valid"

http://www.in.lge.com/Product/Products-Details.aspx?cat=310&pid=7935&subcat=PQ60&parent=Plasma%20TV

Above mentioned is the specifications of the plasma.
The resolution supported is 1024*768.
As the movies are of higher resolution than this , I would like to know if this is the reason for the problem.

Thanks
doubleseven

Hi
These are HD files. Unfortunately LQ60 cant play HD Divx files (funny considering that it IS a hd tv).

However, the WDTV and HTPC others are referring to, are external players. A good one will cost close to 10k.

In anycase, if you have a PC that can be connected to TV using VGA cable, then I suggest xmbc player to play the movie from your comp to TV. (Im planning to try this combo tomorrow... )

Hi
These are HD files. Unfortunately LQ60 cant play HD Divx files (funny considering that it IS a hd tv).

However, the WDTV and HTPC others are referring to, are external players. A good one will cost close to 10k.

In anycase, if you have a PC that can be connected to TV using VGA cable, then I suggest xmbc player to play the movie from your comp to TV. (Im planning to try this combo tomorrow... )

Ya... I guess USB is only for normal Divx movies....

Try the test and post it tomorrow.
Try to play 720p and 1080p movies.

Last edited:
Tried VGA cable with my laptop. Im impressed!
TV autoset the resolution of the laptop such that, there were no distortions.

I tried playing first few minutes of Dr.House season 6 Pilot Episode, an HDTV rip. the quality of playback was quite good
(Windows Media Player with ffdshow running).

Unfortunately, the tests had to be brief as the Tata Sky turned up to install the Tata Sky+ box. Hoping that I can do some more tests tomorrow.. :)

Thanks for the update mate....

One more doubt....

Can i play 1080p movies in my LG PQ60 ?????

Resolution supported is 1024*768 only.... So i guess am limited with 720p.
Please let me know on this....

Thanks

Thanks for the update mate....

One more doubt....

Can i play 1080p movies in my LG PQ60 ?????

Resolution supported is 1024*768 only.... So i guess am limited with 720p.
Please let me know on this....

Thanks

Yes you can.. and yo u wont be disappointed when you play 1080p on your PQ60.

as a TV, PQ60 and PQ70 are the same. only additional with PQ70 are Blue Tooth and two extra speakers, AFAIK

Yes you can.. and yo u wont be disappointed when you play 1080p on your PQ60.

I know there will be quality difference, But does 1080p play as good as 720p in PQ60?

Frankly speaking,

Difference b/w 420 -> 720p shows a great deal of detail + widescreen.

Difference b/w 720p -> 1080p Not as great a difference.

So, If I get the 720p quality from 1080p in the PQ60/70, I will be happy.

as a TV, PQ60 and PQ70 are the same. only additional with PQ70 are Blue Tooth and two extra speakers, AFAIK

And of course the beautification part. :D The PQ70 has a front glass panel extended downward with transparent blue color. :)

BT + 2 speakers + extra beauty is worth the 2k IMO.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back