Problem in Yamaha AVR

Ashh

Hi.
I have yamaha home theater with AV receiver Yanaha HTR 3067. AVR was working fine but suddenly now it has some problems.
It is automatically switching to FM input and then stop responding to buttons and remote. Then works fine for some time after restart.
Also it is sometimes automatically showing UPDATE USB on start up and then didnt respond to any command.
I have tried to reset it. But problem is not solved.
I sent the system to service center. But now they are saying that motherboard is faulty.

I need your advice I thought that as if all the system working fine except switching to FM mode automatically, it should be only software type problem and should be solved by so e kind of firmware update. However there is no firmware available on the yamaha Site.

Please help.

Unfortunately I couldn’t find any FW update for this model, I doubt if there is any ever released. If it is a hardware issue then there is no other option. You can request them to reload the OEM FW and test it. Depending on the cost for repair you can proceed to buy a new unit or get the MB replaced.

I had request them to reload original FW but they told that its not like that. It is not possible for any unit to reload the same FW.
Looks like they tricked me.

Can anyone confirm that is it possible to reload the same FW. ( Yamaha HTR 3067)

Have you checked the user manual? They usually contains error codes and troubleshooting steps. You may find something there.

If its Yamaha service center they will be having access to the original firmware to upload. Others will only be having access to the firmware updates from Yamaha website. So they must be trying to divert you.

need your advice I thought that as if all the system working fine except switching to FM mode
Check if its remote issue. Remote can malfunction. Chances are its FM button getting stuck or is pressed constantly. You can check in phone camera whether you see IR purple light. In that case ,you need to clean remote by opening it. In this case, other buttons won't respond.

If its Yamaha service center they will be having access to the original firmware to upload. Others will only be having access to the firmware updates from Yamaha website. So they must be trying to divert you.
Thanks for the information.
It is authorised yamaha service center. So I will request them to install the origional FW.
Check if its remote issue. Remote can malfunction. Chances are its FM button getting stuck or is pressed constantly. You can check in phone camera whether you see IR purple light. In that case ,you need to clean remote by opening it. In this case, other buttons won't respond.
Thanks.
But I thought that too. So for checking that out, I put out the batteries of the remote and put the remote in other room. But the problem was persistent. So I figured out that it is not because of remote.

I have a receiver of the same model and it has the exact same problem as yours. Did you manage to solve it?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back