Problem playing TruHD

badrisuper

Hi,
How to play TruHD format files in Dune Hd Max. I played Kungfu panda in TruHD track. But no audio is coming. And i tried to play Tangled, audio is coming but no video. Seeking your help.

Thanks and Regards
Badri

Give us your equipment list and your connections. This is easy to solve.

Cheers

Last edited:
Give us your equipment list and you connections. This is easy to solve.

Cheers

I connected HD max to onkyo 5008 through HDMI. I tried to play kungfupanda from external hdd in dune HD max. It is playing in Dolby Digital without any problem but when i change th audio track to TruHD audio is not coming.

Couple of things:

1. In Dune, go to audio setting and set the output to bitstream. Look up Dune HD Media Players - User Manual for details.

2. In the Onkyo, go to Listening Mode Preset and ensure that, for the source you have connected the Dune to, the presets are all properly assigned - Dolby to Dolby, Dolby TrueHD to Dolby TrueHD, etc. It should not be set to 'Last Assigned'.

Do these and see what happens

Cheers

Couple of things:

1. In Dune, go to audio setting and set the output to bitstream. Look up Dune HD Media Players - User Manual for details.

2. In the Onkyo, go to Listening Mode Preset and ensure that, for the source you have connected the Dune to, the presets are all properly assigned - Dolby to Dolby, Dolby TrueHD to Dolby TrueHD, etc. It should not be set to 'Last Assigned'.

Do these and see what happens

Cheers

Thanks Venkatcr.

I have done the settings like you mentioned. I will check again in receiver. I am not facing any problem when i am playing bluray disc which contains truhd or dts hd master audio tracks. But from external hard disc i am facing problem. I didnt try using internal hdd. I will check the settings in receiver. Any other solutions. Or instructions to tune settings in dune would help me a lot.

I have done the settings like you mentioned. I will check again in receiver. I am not facing any problem when i am playing bluray disc which contains truhd or dts hd master audio tracks. But from external hard disc i am facing problem. I didnt try using internal hdd. I will check the settings in receiver. Any other solutions. Or instructions to tune settings in dune would help me a lot.

If you are getting HD Audio while playing an Blu-Ray, all your settings are correct. If a disk based file is not showing HD Audio, then it is possible it has not been ripped properly. If it work for a disc, it should work for a HD media, whether internal or external.

Cheers

If you are getting HD Audio while playing an Blu-Ray, all your settings are correct. If a disk based file is not showing HD Audio, then it is possible it has not been ripped properly. If it work for a disc, it should work for a HD media, whether internal or external.

Cheers

You are right venkat. Its not properly ripped. Av couldnt identify the audio format when i change it to TruHD. But how it is identified in media player. Why not AVR player?

But how it is identified in media player. Why not AVR player?

I dont understand. You are saying the Dune identifies it as a Blu-Ray rip? It will, but most rips always downgrade the audio to 5.1. The only way you can get TrueHD is when you have a duplicate copy of the Blu-ray disc on your hard disk.

Cheer

I am using Dune HD Max and Onkyo TX NR 3007 amp.
I don't have any problems so far for playing True HD 7.1
audio. Problem may be with the rip. Check with another movie rip.

Dranil,
Welcome back, could not see you in forum in recent time.. I have ur 1TB stuff ready, looking for somebody who is travelling to DXB. Hope i will send thru somebody shortly.

Regards

Dranil,
Welcome back, could not see you in forum in recent time.. I have ur 1TB stuff ready, looking for somebody who is travelling to DXB. Hope i will send thru somebody shortly.

Regards
Hi Srinisunder :)
Was busy with usual work schedule.
Through one of my Russian friends I am getting constant supply of BD rips and enjoying the movies in its true way :)
Will give u a call some time tomorrow.
Thanks
Anil.

Hi Dranil, Like Venkat and you mentioned the problem is with ripped files. Anyway I dont have other bluray rip to test. Soon i will get one.

Dranil, if i set the output as 7.1 in Dune HD max audio setting, and the file audio track support is 5.1 truHD, what would be the output in receiver. Will it extend to 7.1 Dolby EX or it would be 5.1 TruHD. In receiver I simply pass through the audio track -> meant Dolby 5.1 to Dolby 5.1. Not extending. I experienced when i tried to play TruHD audio track in Dune HD max and in receiver it is displaying TruHD in the display area as well it is extended to 7.1 as Dolby 7.1 Ex. Later I changed setting in Dune to 5.1, after change i got proper output as TruHD 5.1. I dont know what is the reason. Any suggestions? And what internal HDD are you using in you Dune Max? Currently I dont have internal HDD. I planning to buy one. But no clear idea which one to buy.

Last edited:
Dranil, if i set the output as 7.1 in Dune HD max audio setting, and the file audio track support is 5.1 truHD, what would be the output in receiver. Will it extend to 7.1 Dolby EX or it would be 5.1 TruHD. In receiver I simply pass through the audio track -> meant Dolby 5.1 to Dolby 5.1. Not extending. I experienced when i tried to play TruHD audio track in Dune HD max and in receiver it is displaying TruHD in the display area as well it is extended to 7.1 as Dolby 7.1 Ex. Later I changed setting in Dune to 5.1, after change i got proper output as TruHD 5.1. I dont know what is the reason. Any suggestions? And what internal HDD are you using in you Dune Max? Currently I dont have internal HDD. I planning to buy one. But no clear idea which one to buy.
Hi
I am using Bitstream output from Dune and the amp takes care of the next.
For internal HDD I am using Seagate 2TB ones and very happy with the performance. Since there is cooling fan in Dune, heat build up after using for few hours continuosly is not much.
Thanks
Anil.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back