Problem with Marantz sr5008, continuous noise

sree0320

Last year Feb, My avr was going to protection mode due to heating so I sent it to service center (Mumbai, authorized) and the problem got rectified by changing the board( said by service men)
Then new problem appeared after a month. For first few days when ever I switch on the AVR , sound comes from all the speakers( like static I think) then over a month it turned to continuous noise till the speakers are connected. And the board what they provided does not work with USB connection.

So again I was asked to send to Chennai service center (recently opened)
This time again the board was changed and this time USB connection started working.[emoji4]
Again after a month same noise started and they told it is due to static and HDMI board fail.[emoji15]
So it sent to Chennai again recently after the floods. They said the same problem like due to static or some boards are touching together. This he took 2 months to return it due to his personal problems.[emoji17]
Finally the warranty period got over by last December.
I am not good at writing/explaining the things. I hope that FMs understand my problem and respond.

Question is shall I get rid of this problem with local expert(I am from Thanjavur, tamilnadu getting expert is very difficult though)
From trichy any body is there?

Hi

One of my friends face this issue with his 7008 and apparently read about it over endless google searches etc.....first diagnosis is that HDMI board would have gone bad...which actually is not the case and Video and Audio is passing just fine....

It could be a simple dry solder issue related at the PRE AMP section and also the Power Supply Section after the Transformer....a local repairer with AVR and LED TV knowledge was able to fix the matter ...he only paid 2k to resolve it...now he is a happy user.......

Why this happens is because due to vigorous movement of AVR during cleaning or moving ...causes this...also dry solder tends to come off after some years as AVRs keep heating up when used....better to add some ventilation fans (4 inch / 6 inch ) which will keep the AVR cool during use.....yes it will get dusty but a small mild blower can clean it up every month .....

Thanks for the reply. I am hoping the same. Earlier I do remember Mr.srinath also said so.
In fact I try to see the boards to understand the problem but they are so messed up with no breathing space.
Probably that could be the reason for so much heat.
Back panel speaker connectors are also damaged somewhat(bent inside) due these frequent transfers but it is just fine and was working good for some time.

Any other people had similar issue?
I am Just fearing to Take it to local service man.
Anyone from trichy please respond.

Any other people had similar issue?
I am Just fearing to Take it to local service man.
Anyone from trichy please respond.
I think I found the problem of continuous noise from my receiver.

One of the HDMI connection was loose so I pressed against the back panel to fit it while it is playing. To my surprise the noise is gone and when I release it is back again.

So i started doing it again by holding together the front and back panel toed in. at one point, again noise is gone.

Yeah there is a loose contact and I tried to unplug and plug them all I can see. But still it is same.

What shall I try further. As I said it can be sent to Chennai service centre as the carton is totally spoiled. I can't risk to take it to local service people either.

Experts advice please..

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

can you try using another HDMI cable? Cable can be faulty. just wondering.

I play through USB on front panel.

It is about a sort of loose connection.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back