problems in onkyo875

balavj

hi,
with all your help and inputs i could learn something about HT and had my Onkyo txsr875 hooked up with Jamo A7 series speaker set up.It was wonderfully running since then.
But two days back when i was playing my dvd player there was no output of image on my LCD screen.I cycled the power then a vague patch of colour appeared.then again I cycled the power then it was just displaying "onkyo".But I could hear the audio.
I checked the net and found many had the similar problem.I checked the firmware version and mine is 1.07 and no need of update.
Later I did the factory reset of the av rx.Then i could get it playing normally.

But the problem is once I put the power off and again start,the problem starts all over again.Again I have to reset.Then configure inputs,monitor setup and resolution.Iam really fed up.....someone please help.I guess it should be a simple issue.....which iam not aware of...!!!

My set Up:
SAMSUNG DVD player with 1080p upscaling. connected via HDMI to
Onkyo TXSR875 connnected via HDMI(Nax) to
LG 42LH50R (42 inch lcd)
Speakers set up JAMO A7 5.1

hi,
with all your help and inputs i could learn something about HT and had my Onkyo txsr875 hooked up with Jamo A7 series speaker set up.It was wonderfully running since then.
But two days back when i was playing my dvd player there was no output of image on my LCD screen.I cycled the power then a vague patch of colour appeared.then again I cycled the power then it was just displaying "onkyo".But I could hear the audio.
I checked the net and found many had the similar problem.I checked the firmware version and mine is 1.07 and no need of update.
Later I did the factory reset of the av rx.Then i could get it playing normally.

But the problem is once I put the power off and again start,the problem starts all over again.Again I have to reset.Then configure inputs,monitor setup and resolution.Iam really fed up.....someone please help.I guess it should be a simple issue.....which iam not aware of...!!!

My set Up:
SAMSUNG DVD player with 1080p upscaling. connected via HDMI to
Onkyo TXSR875 connnected via HDMI(Nax) to
LG 42LH50R (42 inch lcd)
Speakers set up JAMO A7 5.1

Take a line tester and check out all the HDMI cables, there must be live current in one of your HDMI inputs which is creating this problem and if you don't rectify this sooner then you will loose your HDMI board. After finding out that there is live current on any of the HDMI inputs recheck it with the multimeter and see for yourself that it shouldn't be more than the safe limit. Just disconnent that cable and you should be good to go.

i have tried disconnecting the cables and then reset the avr.Frome then on the system seems to be ok.But I will monitor for few more days and update you...My sinecere thanks

Take a line tester and check out all the HDMI cables, there must be live current in one of your HDMI inputs which is creating this problem and if you don't rectify this sooner then you will loose your HDMI board. After finding out that there is live current on any of the HDMI inputs recheck it with the multimeter and see for yourself that it shouldn't be more than the safe limit. Just disconnent that cable and you should be good to go.

My friend,Iam not sure how to go abt it...!

-For example,to check the HDMI cable from DVD player,Should I be checking the HDMI connector with DVD player powered on.I guess HDMI connector very small and my fingering may cause a short and may damage the player.
-Similarly If I chcek HDMI out of AVR same damage may be caused to AVR.

Else I should have a HDMI adaptor and also identify which wire is for what..
I dont know how many wires does a HDMI cable have also..

Thanks for your input.....!

My friend,Iam not sure how to go abt it...!

-For example,to check the HDMI cable from DVD player,Should I be checking the HDMI connector with DVD player powered on.I guess HDMI connector very small and my fingering may cause a short and may damage the player.
-Similarly If I chcek HDMI out of AVR same damage may be caused to AVR.

Else I should have a HDMI adaptor and also identify which wire is for what..
I dont know how many wires does a HDMI cable have also..

Thanks for your input.....!

Its very simple to check this out, just take a electric line tester (one with the screw driver), then turn on your DVD player with the HDMI cable disconnected from the AVR and then touch the Metal surface of the HDMI adaptor ( the one on the top and not inside the adaptor) with the line tester and see for yourself if the bulb inside the tester glows. Do the same with all the equipments connected with your AVR through HDMI. Also check the body of the AVR for any earthing leakage.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back