Problems with my DENON AVR-X1400H

John64

Hi all,
I am new here and I have problems with my DENON AVR-X1400H. Sound modes Dolby surround and DTS NEAURAL didn't work normally. In both modes sound comes low and like sounding from under water. Same time sub woofer and center speaker have no sound. All other modes working normally. Volume control (manual) not functioning in any mode, but working with remote control in all modes. I don't have any idea about this problem. I already done factory reset. Upgraded firmware. Now looking for a good service professional in Chennai. Anyone Please help me.

Hi all,
I am new here and I have problems with my DENON AVR-X1400H. Sound modes Dolby surround and DTS NEAURAL didn't work normally. In both modes sound comes low and like sounding from under water. Same time sub woofer and center speaker have no sound. All other modes working normally. Volume control (manual) not functioning in any mode, but working with remote control in all modes. I don't have any idea about this problem. I already done factory reset. Upgraded firmware. Now looking for a good service professional in Chennai. Anyone Please help me.
What's your source? Leave the receiver in Auto mode and then check the sound from speakers by switching your source content. Play a stereo sound track with your front speakers set small. The receiver should identify it as stereo and play sound from front 2 and sub(s). Next play a multi-channel audio track bit streamed to the receiver. Again the receiver should identify the correct encoding. Check whether the speakers for the respective channel make the right sound.

Also during the audio setup, does the pink noise sound equal in all speakers?

If these checks pass, sit back and enjoy your setup. All is good. If any of them fail, get your receiver checked by a trusted Technician.

MaSh

My source is a dvd player using with HDMI cable. During playback with a Dolby surround dvd, it automatically changed to Dolby mode. But the sound is same as I mentioned earlier.
And during setup speakers, the noise didn't come out from center speaker. No response in volume control while turning the knob in any sound mode.

Last edited:
  • Try another DVD
  • Hook Up the DVD player to another source input on the AVR
  • Check if all speaker wires are connected properly on the AVR and even the speakers
  • Do a Factory Reset, unplug the unit, connect back again after 15 mins.
  • If all fails and no progress, authorised service center

during setup speakers, the noise didn't come out from center speaker. No response in volume control while turning the knob in any sound mode
If test tone is not heard in center, then it can be a wrong speaker wire connection or faulty/loose wire.Try another speaker wire.Also make sure center is working perfectly by connecting it to different speaker terminal of AVR.That is disconnect any front speaker and coneect center there.
Regarding volume issue, since volume level can be changed with remote and not by knob, moisture or faulty internal ribbon cable can be the cause

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back