ProFx vintage passive sub+sats 2.1 system , model HEQ-3, series 1

Sanjay0501

Hi Guys ,
Recently the audio bug but me and since last 1 week have done nothing but research online.
A little background first. I am not an audiophile and neither do i have a very good ear for music.
I was quite happy with my philips FR965 HT imported from USA long time back and running on a 220-110 V step down custom built transformer.
Unfortunately both the reciever and the powered sub breathed their last this year and now i only have the JBL flip 2 for all my audio needs.
Now to the present, like I said earlier the audio bug but me but cos of no space in the match box size apartment I stay in Mumbai and the constant nagging of my better half , I have decided to be very prudent about 2 things money and space and made some decisions regarding my future AV plans for which I need your suggestions and advice.

1.Bought a Blaupunkt sbw01 @6300 in Flipkart sale after lookjng at the great reviews of users . Primary use will be TV and Firestick audio outputs with optical and Alexa echo dot connected through BT when it reaches me in November first week.
2. Volt+ CBU amp @ Rs 3750 or i am thinking about initially buying a nobsound tpa3116 bt receiver with laptop usb support@ Rs 1400 from AliExpress to test the waters.

Now my consideration is don't want to invest in any speakers now and try to use what I have which is my main question.

I have a set of ProFx HEQ3 series 1 passive sub + 2 says rates for 75W RMS which I bought maybe maybe 10-15 years back and never used. They don't have the impedance or the efficiency in the back sticker and I can't find the manual or any reference on the net. But just remember they sounder better than my fr965 system in 2.1 when I had tried them on.

Anybody who can guide me about the speakers, if they are good I will directly buy the volt+ otherwise will buy the cheap nobsound and test my speakers.

Meanwhile I will be on the lookout for some cheap but good speakers.

Also anybody who has seen the blaupunkt sbw01 soundbar can maybe guide me if it is good enough for a mini home theatre.

One last thing I am also thinking about buying a projector and have just about finalised AUN Akey1 with so called 1890 lumens and native 800 x 600 res. Don't want wifi or bt and saw comparison with uc46 the brightness of aun is definitely better which should help. I am not expecting a theatre like screen but for my requirement a 60-60 inch with a viewing distance of 8-9 feet should be easily handled by this projector in semi darkness.
Thanks for all the indormation u guys have shared on this awesome forum.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back