Projector Calibration videos / tools / guides

driverace

Folks,

I am in process of setting up my Projector.

It would help, if you all can share the calibration tools/videos/guides used by you all.
I am using Laptop with Nvidia GT525 1 Gb graphic card to project (using HDMI).

I would like to know, what starting point I can use on:

1. Display profile on PC
2. Projector display settings

I have a very basic PJ, so not many adjustment/self-calibration menus on the projector.
For now, a simple, free :D tool would be great.

Thanks,

Ace.

Get the avs test patterns, they are free. You will need to get a blue filter to set the colour and tint. It's good that you are using your computer as a source as the nividia control panel gives you a lot of control.

Get the avs test patterns, they are free. You will need to get a blue filter to set the colour and tint. It's good that you are using your computer as a source as the nividia control panel gives you a lot of control.

Please share a link and a bit more information on how to use/get AVS test patterns.

I am currently using Nvidia control panel to calibrate display.

Thanks,

Ace.

You'll find the patterns on this page.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...ay-mp4-calibration.html#/topics/948496?page=1

In you nvidia control panel go to the resolution page and set the the Rgb scale to full that is 0-255, then go to the video colour control and set the rgb to limited 16-235 and then play the brightness and contrast patterns and start adjusting it.

I did exactly that.
It worked just fine :)

Thank you for the note.

I will continue to read more on the AVS patterns on AVforum site, and fine tune the settings.
But, I currently have satisfactory settings done, enough to watch movies/tv-series.

------

One thing I need help with is setting the focus.

First off - I see a definite amount of "play" in the lens.
I don't think the play is normal.

Further, I notice that as I adjust the focus to display the text at centre of screen tack-sharp, the text at the edges of screen area, is significantly out-of-focus.

Is this normal with budget projectors?
Shouldn't a 1280x800p projector do better than this?

I can take photos to explain, if needed.

Thank you,

Ace.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back