Projector for 15k.should I buy?

avink

I am in UAE and would be returning to india within next couple of days. I am getting this Merlin TV projector for less than 15k INR. It seems like a pretty basic projector ..but i am ok with it. I would be shifting to my new home next year and plan to invest in a good projector later. I just want to get *any* economical projector for now and dont really care about the quality for now. I haven't been tracking projector prices so far but my feeling is that I wount get any projector this cheap in India.Thoughts?

I believe it is not worth for 15K and for 40K(USD9xx)full HD PJ were available and worth not wasting the money. Some sellers in ebay were selling HD ready PJ for $3xx and may try that if your budget is below 20K.

Both aspects are not impressive :Native Resolution: 320 * 240 & Contrast Ratio: 100 : 1 / Advertised image size is 50" max. Absolutely waste of money.. Sorry for rude reply.

Definitely not worth the money. You can buy a cheap 32 inch HD ready TV instead of this. You need to use this projector only in pitch dark condition.

Yes, you never know, when it may give up...I would suggest putting in some more money, looking up reviews/ratings, and then going with the voice of "junta". I guess, you should find something decent in the 30-35k range.

I concur with most of the above replies.

Native Resolution: 320 * 240: This is worse than VHS. You will be appalled.
Luminous Flux: 6 lumens: This will need pitch dark room.
Image Aspect: 4 : 3: means that you will see movies in letterbox mode.
Contrast Ratio: 100 : 1: you will loose lot of details; picture will be fuzzy

Save this money and invest in a proper projector. :)

I am in UAE and would be returning to india within next couple of days. I am getting this Merlin TV projector for less than 15k INR. It seems like a pretty basic projector ..but i am ok with it. I would be shifting to my new home next year and plan to invest in a good projector later. I just want to get *any* economical projector for now and dont really care about the quality for now. I haven't been tracking projector prices so far but my feeling is that I wount get any projector this cheap in India.Thoughts?

You can buy a Optoma P105 for around Rs13800/- delivered to ur house... It has 75 lumens, 854 x 480 resolution(16:9) and has a HDMI port...It is superior to this projector in every way & can be a decent buy if you can control the light in the room...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back