PS3 - Audio too low

senthilsss

Yesterday, I got my PS3 Slim 120GB version and the audio output was very low when I connected through AV component cable.

Any ideas why?

(I yet to try HDMI).

Yesterday, I got my PS3 Slim 120GB version and the audio output was very low when I connected through AV component cable.

Any ideas why?

(I yet to try HDMI).

Check the volume control level on the PS3. There is a built-in volume control. When you are playing a file, press the triangle key on your remote or the joy stick. Among the options shown is volume control.

Regds / Shailender

In my experience the general volume level of the PS3 through analogue outs is a bit low. And if you take the volume control past '0' to +1, +2 etc., there is only distortion to be had. The best is to take a digital out and route it through either a DAC or a Receiver.

Volume is still low after setting the maximum level in the options. I believe this is due to the Component AV cable. I changed the connection to HDMI and the sound quality was completely different.

However, in my Sony 40NX500, I have to keep the volume level at 50 for HDMI and 65 for Component AV. But for my TATASKY+, the volume level is good at just 10.

Please help.

Different sources can have different volume settings.

Keep the volume on the PS3 at "Normal". Don't keep it at maximum, as earlier noted, it mainly distorts the sound.

Change the TV volume as required.

A piece of advice: Since you have a nice TV in the NX500, you would do good to invest in a nice AV receiver and a 5.1 speaker package to really enjoy games and blu-ray audio, instead of using the TV speakers.

Different sources can have different volume settings.

Keep the volume on the PS3 at "Normal". Don't keep it at maximum, as earlier noted, it mainly distorts the sound.

Change the TV volume as required.

A piece of advice: Since you have a nice TV in the NX500, you would do good to invest in a nice AV receiver and a 5.1 speaker package to really enjoy games and blu-ray audio, instead of using the TV speakers.

Thanks zervinb for the suggestion!

I am strongly thinking of buying a AV receiver and a 5.1 speaker package. Research is in progress.... :)

I recently got a Pioneer VSX-919 (US model). Connected it through a transformer (since it works on 120volts). And got new KEF satellite speakers.

I admit, I'm a newbie at gaming, but Uncharted2 and Need for Speed: Shift on my 250GB Slim really blew me away with the surround sound setup.

In India, in the gray market (Heera Panna at Mumbai), I have seen models of AV Receivers which are not available officially, but can be got for a premium. Among the ones available officially, Denon, Marantz, Onkyo come to mind. Pioneer is only selling the 519, which is quite lower than the 919 I got.

Happy searching (and researching).

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back