PS3 Firmware 3.01 Fix

nikhil_j

I am really happy to announce that the freezing problem experienced with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune when using firmware 3.0 has been fixed with the 3.01 update.
Do immediately update and let me know if any problems persist.

Cheers:)

I am really happy to announce that the freezing problem experienced with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune when using firmware 3.0 has been fixed with the 3.01 update.
Do immediately update and let me know if any problems persist.

Cheers:)
Great. I had held back on the 3.0 update after the problems were flowing in. Am yet to go for the 3.01 fix.

Are there any other pending issues with it? What is the overall feedback? Any new issues cropping up?

I don't play Drake, but I'd hate it if other functionality (specially media hub related) gets messed up. For eg. http://www.engadgethd.com/2009/09/25/ps3-3-0-3-01-firmware-update-making-blu-ray-drive-unusable/

edit: here's another one
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/57418/having-trouble-with-firmware-301-for-the-playstation-3/

Last edited:
Great. I had held back on the 3.0 update after the problems were flowing in. Am yet to go for the 3.01 fix.

Are there any other pending issues with it? What is the overall feedback? Any new issues cropping up?

I don't play Drake, but I'd hate it if other functionality (specially media hub related) gets messed up. For eg. PS3 3.0 / 3.01 firmware update making Blu-ray drive unusable?

edit: here's another one
Having trouble with firmware 3.01 for the PlayStation 3? : Ben Patterson : Yahoo! Tech

hi, I think its merely a disk Auto-Run problem, as reported by some of the bloggers.
Some ppl are really lazy at that, they expect the disc to run by itself, once inserted. But still it might be a small glitch which i am sure ll be corrected in the next iteration. But its not a huge problem as freezing and i am ok with it.
Will let you guys know if any problem arises.

Back