PS3 from US - does it need converter?

neo9999

Hi Folks,

I purchased a PS3 from US around late 2009, and recently shipped to India.

Now I was most certainly going to purchase a voltage step down transformer converter, when I stumbled across this forum which had lots of people from India directly connecting a US purchased PS3 to the mains supply, and didn't face any issue.

Wanted to check with hifivision forum folks, whether any one has faced same situation i.e. directly connected to mains without a converter and it worked fine.

My PS3 as well the folks in the forum -
Issues while using a US PS3 in India | 33dots

shows 110V mentioned at the back. The model no. is CECH 2001A.

Please comment.

shows 110V mentioned at the back. The model no. is CECH 2001A. Please comment.

If it shows 110V, you need a step-down transformer. Alternatively, you can see of you can get an adapter here is India for a PS3 that works at 220V.

Cheers

Actually most models work straight without converter even if it says 110V on the outside. There is a chart online somewhere that shows which models have this (most do). Google for that.

Yeah ps3 from us works out of the box in india, no step down transformer needed

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

My friend got one from US couple of months back, it doesn't seem to be universal voltage, he is using a small step down transformer bot from a local shop in Powai, Mumbai- it looks like a multipin adapter and gives out a low humming sound-but works flawlessly, atleast till now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back