PS3 Slim Availability

Plenty of Ps3 slim 120GB available @ 18k with sony india warranty @ national market bangalore , no frrebeeis though (basement left side ,3rd or 4th shop ,his name is govind) i picked it up last week

PS3 Slim 120GB also available @ city centre behind burma bazaar for same price (18k) also with sony india warranty

Sony - PlayStation 3 (250GB)

Heylo gamers,

I have a Sony - PlayStation 3 (250GB) with 2 games (killzone2,call ofduty ) unopened . Got thru a from USA in Dec 09 . Purchased in Bestbuy store in USA. I have paid him 47.80 paise in conversion to $ if any one interested contact me dont need profit just want the conversion price. I am planning to buy a denon AVR1910 (reason for selling) ...

Happy Gaming,

Kittu

The US model of the PS3 will play region 1 and region-free DVDs. It will not play region 5 DVDs. It will also not play blu-rays other than region A, but region coding for blu-ray is almost non-existent for the discs.

For anyone who's still interested, I just found the PS3 Slim 250GB in stock at an online store. The link is:
Intencity - Sony Ps3 Slim 250gb God Of War 3 Bundle

The console is bundled with God Of War III. And available for a price tag of 21250 INR, a steal in my opinion.

My suggestion:

This is an online version of the store which is located in PUNE. Their telephone numbers are listed in the website. Please call and check the stock availability before ordering.

I have bad experience with online sites showing INSTOCK at the time of order, however they try to procure it only after the order comes through. If they can't get it, then they will start giving excuses or credit your money back. You will lose sleep over your order in between :D

is it advisable to get the PS3 slim from the US, I have my brother coming in a week... it $300 for a 120gb....

I am writing this to get your opinion on
ac power difference between USA and India
region codes on blue ray disc

PS: i not at a gamer, i will be using the PS3 for watching blue ray content downloaded from the net using USB

Please advice.

is it advisable to get the PS3 slim from the US, I have my brother coming in a week... it $300 for a 120gb....

PS: i not at a gamer, i will be using the PS3 for watching blue ray content downloaded from the net using USB

Please advice.

PS3 has universal power supply, so it shouldn't be a problem. PS3 can't be made region free as well. It's locked to region A for BD's.

However since you're not going to be playing games at all why don't you look into getting a standalone BD player which allows you to stream content? Also few BD players can be modded to play all region Discs.

Please advice.

If you are going to watch only Blu-Ray content, then better go for a standalone Blu-Ray player which can be modded to play any region BDs.

When you buy anything from USA, there are two major hindrances

1. Power supply (120v Vs. 230-240v)
  2. PAL Vs NTSC

We have got converters for addressing the above problems but sometimes it does not work properly. And also, PAL discs won't play in NTSC player at all.

My suggestion is to buy a Blu-Ray player in India which can be modded for laying any region BDs.

How does this purchase from ebay/burma bazaar work, I'm confused about this.

1. Firstly, is it the exact same product as you buy from sony india ?
2. Do you get a proper bill ?
3. I didnt understand how they get a sony warranty !

How does this purchase from ebay/burma bazaar work, I'm confused about this.

1. Firstly, is it the exact same product as you buy from sony india ?
2. Do you get a proper bill ?
3. I didnt understand how they get a sony warranty !

I have my own doubts buying the PS3 from eBay or Bazaar. I know that we can save 2k to 3k by going through this route, but I am sure those eBay or Bazaar sellers must be selling for a good profit. I do not think they buy these console at a very cheap rate of 13k or 14k. (Add 3k as their profit and 3k discount from SONY. At Sony, it costs 20k).

There must be something fishy. I sincerely don't know what it is.

However, I recommend buying consoles directly from SONY to avoid hassles.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back