Ps4 vs Ps4pro vs Ps5

musiz_craze

Hi all,

PS5 has been released to most of the countries. Today I'm just going through youtube, Found few samples comparing ps4 vs ps4 pro vs ps5. Ps5 has some improved graphics and loading time. I'm planning to upgrade my harddisk to Samsung evo SSD for loading time. this will fix loading issues I think so.

Is it worth upgrading to ps5 from ps4 pro or ps4 ? let me know your suggestions.

If you already own a PS4 Pro then at current price i dont think its worth an upgade. However if you want to play 4k movie blurays on a regular basis , i would say its worth an upgrade as you will get the capability on the PS5 and wont need to get a 4K BR player as well.

Same dilemma i had with xbox one x with xbox series x.
Consider upgrade your console to PS5 , if
  • You need better framerate (upto 120 fps)
  • you need better game controller( PS5 controller have some additional features)
  • Better Game load speed. New genere consoles uses SDD , so games will be loaded faster
  • In built Blue ray player
But ,To utilize the full capability of new consoles , there are only few exclusive titles available for Ps5 , and xbox series x.
If you have budget , then you can upgrade to new genere console considering above + .
For sure for next 2-3 years these consoles will be there , later Sony , Microsoft may release next gen consoles.

To simply put a complex problem to bed,

-If you are fed up with the vacuum cleaner ps4 pro noise then go with PS5, be warned some PS5s have lose stickers inside leading it to sound similarly.
-If you can afford the low 660GB storage and have the money to upgrade the internal storage then buy it, be warned sony hasn't confirmed compatible drives.
-Both next gen consoles are hit and miss, you may or may not encounter console breaking bugs, you may or may not get them replaced.

So if i was you i'd wait for them to make them bug free and work normally as our ps4 pros do. This is always a problem with console launches. Graphically PS5,XSX are miles ahead, but the same games are cross gen so no point rushing.

Ps5 is Next gen and it will not be wise to compare it with ps4 or pro, it may not have games to do full justice for its capabilities right now but in a year or so it will be a different scene. Take for eg recently released Cyberpunk is almost unplayable on PS4 or pro due to lagging and terrible framerates, All I am saying is next gen consoles are for next gen games which are due to be released in a year or so, till than ps4 pro is fine but if considering buying a new than better wait and get a ps5, Also once ps5 releases in India somewhere around Feb there will be flooding of PS4 for sale threads on Hifivision as well I suppose so better wait.

Guys I am a newbie to gaming consoles, so please bear with my novice questions. How good/bad is the PS4 as a media player for MKV files etc. My popcorn hour crapped out and I am currently using a PC with Jriver mc26 as a media player. Will the PS4, if it can play back mkv files have decent PQ?
Cheers,
Sid

Guys I am a newbie to gaming consoles, so please bear with my novice questions. How good/bad is the PS4 as a media player for MKV files etc. My popcorn hour crapped out and I am currently using a PC with Jriver mc26 as a media player. Will the PS4, if it can play back mkv files have decent PQ?
Cheers,
Sid
I guess no one is using their PS4 as a media player. I will check out other forums.
Cheers,
Sid

I use an Xbox one X as a media player. Am not too sure on the PS4 capabilities overall but despite being on the Sony bandwagon I got myself a Xbox one X because
i) It plays 4k Blu-ray disks with HDR ( not sure about DV) , PS4 Pro does only Blu-ray
ii) PS4 pro was 6k costlier than one X when I purchased the same
iii) There were sufficient reviews supporting the one x capability as a media player

Sony has more exclusive game titles , better UI/UX barring that the Xbox seems.to be a better buy for media playback purposes. If you are willing to get a ps5 that does tilt the favor towards the Sony

I use an Xbox one X as a media player. Am not too sure on the PS4 capabilities overall but despite being on the Sony bandwagon I got myself a Xbox one X because
i) It plays 4k Blu-ray disks with HDR ( not sure about DV) , PS4 Pro does only Blu-ray
ii) PS4 pro was 6k costlier than one X when I purchased the same
iii) There were sufficient reviews supporting the one x capability as a media player

Sony has more exclusive game titles , better UI/UX barring that the Xbox seems.to be a better buy for media playback purposes. If you are willing to get a ps5 that does tilt the favor towards the Sony
Ok thanks fLUX, I will check out Xbox then. PS5 seems to back ordered, not sure what the availability is.
Cheers,
Sid

Received my Ps5 day before and its just awesome, its almost dead silent and at times you have to look at light to figure out its on or off, Dualsense is amazing and best part is load time is in seconds.
I know several ppl missed out from preorders or the order got cancelled, so availability will be patchy for atleast 5-6 months.

Ok thanks fLUX, I will check out Xbox then. PS5 seems to back ordered, not sure what the availability is.
Cheers,
Sid
Yup chances of PS5 coming back in stock anytime soon looks very bleak. If your use case is not geared towards gaming, the Xbox One S/X should be more than sufficient

For now I am planning to use my HTPC, but once PS5 becomes freely available, I will revisit the situation.
Cheers,
Sid

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back