PS5 back in stock!

try your luck tomorrow (27th May) @ 12 pm on major retailer websites.

Got mine from Amazon in the last restock, just got it delivered yesterday.
Would recommend folks prepare for the next restock (when it is announced) and use the Buy Now flow on Amazon to make the purchase. It skips a few steps like payment/address selection (selects default options automatically). This is what worked for me (although it is still fastest fingers first)

Offtopic, considering I have a Xbox Live subscription and want a PS just for its exclusives (4k60 also will do perfectly for now) does it make sense going for an used PS4 Pro/PS4 and new Xbox Series X. Own a Xbox One X right now and the subscription worth 6/7k for next 3 years is making me think on this aspect.

Offtopic, considering I have a Xbox Live subscription and want a PS just for its exclusives (4k60 also will do perfectly for now) does it make sense going for an used PS4 Pro/PS4 and new Xbox Series X. Own a Xbox One X right now and the subscription worth 6/7k for next 3 years is making me think on this aspect.

Definitely, I have done the same. Had Xbox One X, upgraded to Series X and friend gave me his PS4 slim.

Mind you, You won't feel night and day difference switching from One X to Series X. It more like a iPhone upgrade, everything will be same. But under the hood upgrades make it so worth it.

I currently play 3-4 games within 3-4 hours and quick resume just makes things better. Switches to other games so quickly. Plus older games run better. Side note I use SeriesX as my streaming device too as it supports dolby atmos.

Gamepass is a gem of a service, never purchased a CD or paid for a game in last 2-3 yrs.

Playing only PS exclusives on PS4 Slim now.

Definitely, I have done the same. Had Xbox One X, upgraded to Series X and friend gave me his PS4 slim.

Mind you, You won't feel night and day difference switching from One X to Series X. It more like a iPhone upgrade, everything will be same. But under the hood upgrades make it so worth it.

I currently play 3-4 games within 3-4 hours and quick resume just makes things better. Switches to other games so quickly. Plus older games run better. Side note I use SeriesX as my streaming device too as it supports dolby atmos.

Gamepass is a gem of a service, never purchased a CD or paid for a game in last 2-3 yrs.

Playing only PS exclusives on PS4 Slim now.

Oh ok, I will just get a PS4 Pro/slim once I decide then. If there is not much of a difference in titles from One X to Series X then I will wait for stocks to stabilize and for our e- comm/reliance digital type of platforms to throw in some goodies.

Dont have any 2.1 compatible display devices , so might make more sense to upgrade once I get a device which lets me experience high refresh rate 4k gaming :) Gaming on 120hz + is indeed a different experience, enjoy 1440p 120+ for quiet a few games on my PC and will probably aim for same once the console+tv integration at 120hz stabilizes both performance & price wise.

Hi,
Just wanted to add my view regarding the current dilemma. Lot of Scalpers looking to make a profit due to a poor supply of PS5s. In my area, one guy is selling it for ₹80,000/-. That’s almost double the MRP. I hope this situation changes soon. I’m willing to wait it out, and would advise others on the lookout for the same too. Don’t feed the scalpers.

its just a console and there are not enough games out right now to justify an upgrade, better buy it 6 months down the line, there may also be an upgrade in progress, also a new controller, this is why I sold mine, I rarely used it as almost all games I wanted to play I did with ps4 pro.

Few things are holding me from not buying PS5 right now:
  • Ps4 pro or slim is doing duties and most of the games are available.
  • PS5 only games are expensive, doesn't justify the value
  • Controllers drifting and frequent crashes on the console. Problem is even if I get hold of now and for some reason face this, in India I dunno how soon I will get the replacement or get it fixed.
Last point is a deal breaker, did not expect this from Sony that too on a next gen console. Was sold on buying PS5 and SeriesX day one. Happy with the SeriesX now, someday will buy the PS5 when all of these issues get sorted.

i cant understand the hype for ps5
That's cuz you haven't experienced the controller yet. When upgrades have been incremental of late for just about everything, this brings something new to the mix. Adds just that bit extra to immerse you into the game. Whether it goes the way of the six axis is another thing. But without any added innovation except incremental improvements in graphics, this is the next best thing to look forward to, especially when backed by a known brand with a legacy it's built up in that particular field over three decades......... And did i mention the exclusives?

Legacy I understand, people who have been on the PS bandwagon and game a lot want the PS5. But for casual gamers PS4 will work just fine, the games they missed out will be cheaper and still have fun.

Exclusives are coming to PS4 too, some of them which use SSD lot might get missed out but that also can be possible if the devs want to. Plus they are coming to PC now.

Controller yes, it is good very good infact. After years of gaming on both ps and xbox, PlayStation has the perfect controller. But my only gripe is the drifting issues and controllers failing.

Hype for PS5 is real and people want it. But in India it is a hit or a miss, would stay away till they are easily available.

If for some reason, you get a defective console or the controller, what are the procedures to get it fixed? I don't want to spend 50k and have a defective console.

Sony might be aware about this so they are redesigning some new console. Will it be more powerful, same or less is a mistry. Redesign announced within a year of launch is alarming.

No offense to anyone who owns a PS5, but PS4 was a whole and awesome console since launch and still is if you want it now, plus you get it at a very cheap value today.

PS4 Pro is not cheap either, in comparison, PS5 is maybe 18-20k more, be it casual gamer or a pro, going for the latest and greatest is the best way. Almost everyone has a 4K telly at home and to make use of the native resolution, the least you can do is get a PS4 Pro or an Xbox One X. Seriously, the previous iterations (PS4 Slim/Xbox One S) struggle a bit when running games released in 2019-2021.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back