PS5 digital edition for 41k in Flipkart

Donivlapog

I remember having seen it at 49k a few months ago with disc edition priced at 54 and since it is a 4k bluray disc player noone preferred the digital version. But now it flashes 41k. Thats just 6k more than an Xbox series S! Is it a good buy at this price?

At just over Rs. 4,500 over the $ retail price in the USA, I'd say thats a pretty good deal.
I'd not draw comparisons to the Xbox series S though. The PS5 compares closer to the Series X.
You also want to check if Sony India Approves Flipkart as a e-retail vendor or you the chance and buy one and hope nothing goes wrong with it. Consoles seldom do.

Last edited:
Yesterday Flipkart showed a 47k price for a disc ps5 version!! That is easily 8k lesser than the market price. Maybe that price without a gaming disc included which still is a bargain buy. Alas, i ordered the digital version. To cancel an emi order is risky, a processing fee might be cut. So i decided to stay with previous order itself.

Apart from better graphics and loading time, how is a ps5 better than the ps4 pro?

My sons are elated!! They are saying ghost of Tshushima is so so immersive. Huge difference in graphics. Blood spatter, dialogue sync with mouth movements, effects on the controller, sweat in face, whistling to the horse - every thing under the sun is different from ps4 pro! Good pongal gift to the kids i guess.

Does sony (ps5 / 4) have subscription based model for games, OR we have to purchase each game individually either online or disc and then play?

Asking bcos i have xbox (microsoft) X version, and it has monthly subscription based model. In that there are hundreds of games available. Ofcourse we have to first download from their online store and then we can play.

Does sony (ps5 / 4) have subscription based model for games, OR we have to purchase each game individually either online or disc and then play?

Asking bcos i have xbox (microsoft) X version, and it has monthly subscription based model. In that there are hundreds of games available. Ofcourse we have to first download from their online store and then we can play.

Sony has PSN subscription , has good games but not upto the standard of xbox catalogue & also darn expensive. If you game regularly its worth it else better off picking games /exclusives you wanna play on PS5

Ps plus gives 2 free games a month. In a year you would have 24. Plus some discounts on games you can buy online much cheaper than disc version at times. But you need to continue to subscribe to keep playing those free ones.

They are hooked on to it and I wonder if it will be a waste of time or is there a career in video games design and programming when my children complete their education and aim to pursue a related field of work? My friend's son in the USA, (CA) has a $125,000 per annum job at Sony and he is just 23.

I somehow managed get a PS5 digital edition for 39,990 from Amazon! After I placed the order, it was out of stock. I did see the same price on Flipkart too but for only 30-40mins before midnight! Couldn't place the order due to a card issue.

I don't know why I had waited so long to buy this. The haptics on the controller are next level! (I have a PS4 Pro)
Playing games connected to my home theatre along with the haptics is super immersive.

the Disc version was on sale back in Sep for around 38999/- after Card discount, I recon better wait for a sale and do not go for digital version as you do not own the games and Sony can revoke the licenses in future if there is an issue with developer (has happened in the past) and with physical games you can always resell and buy the used ones, also will have a better resale value.

The boys downloaded and played Assasins creed Valhalla and with surround sound, the experience is similar to a augmented reality. What graphics!!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back