• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

PSB X2T impressions

krishnamurthy

Got a chance to review them for 45 minutes.
Room - somewhat acoustically treated with acoustic tiles on the walls and ceiling tiles and veneer wood on the floor. No reverbs or unwanted reflections.
Amp - Onkyo 838
x2t paired with PSB Subseries 200 (with a built-in NAD Amplifier) and Imagine S surround i think (60k for a pair)

Tracks played:

Def Leppard - Hysteria - specifically looked for the breakout starting at 3:10 of the song and carries for 15 seconds..very well handled.
Bryan Adams - Summer of 69 (acoustic version). I have heard Bryan in person in a concert hall overseas giving a complete acoustic performance for the first time. So i can attest to whether these speakers could replicate his unusual voice, diction and the hiss sometimes, which they did very well thankfully.
Diana Krall - Just the way you are - am not a jazz fan but probably she is the only artist i would listen for Jazz. Anyway, the slow rhythms, the little mumbles came out quite well.
Eric Clapton - Layla - fantastic rendition of the guitar
Eagles - Hotel California - very good, clear distinction between the instruments noticed.

Movie clips:
10,000 BC - horse and foot chase sequence - the steps of the human running, the throwing of the spears, the animals sticking their necks and mouths to kill/swallow rendered well
F1 Racing - the start of the engine, the revs to gather speed, the
burning of the rubber while taking quick and unbelievable turns, rendered well without causing ear fatigue.

Overall, a very good audition.

Coming to the pricing:

FS Pair - 1.05 L
Surrounds - 60k
centre - 32k
Sub - 47k

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

grunthos

How is the X1T compared to the X2T?
How much do you lose in audio quality vs. savings ?

krishnamurthy

X1T is inferior to a certain extent. For a non-discerning audience, there may not be that much of a difference. XIT does not have a mid-range driver and woofer size is 1 inch less and the frequency response on x2t goes upto 30hz compared to 35HZ for XIT. Pricing is cheaper and the speakers are a tad smaller.

SPONSORED ADS