Purchased Bogdan Audio Hyperlitz Goldy interconnects with Eichmann Bullets

corElement

Hi all

I've just purchased a pair of prewowned Bogdan Audio Goldy Litz Interconnects in mint condition (less than 50 hours burnin - needs 300) to go with my Jamo d830's :)

9mMP3.jpg

b0brh.jpg

KzyDl.jpg

The cables are Bogdan Audio's older higher quality cables (They shifted to more conventional designs with copper with silver and conventional plugs due to increase in production costs and recession or something).

Original retail value was around 380-400 USD I believe, the newer goldy's are 280ish (The lower quality ones)

Eitherways these are 24awg low capacitance solid Gold plated, silver conductor x 3 in Hyperlitz config terminated with Eichmann bullets (320% conductivity vs 70-100 of conventional plugs and uses one gold pin embedded for the ground contact. The center + post is hollow has exterior is gold plated heavy aluminium body.

Ben Jovanovic who runs the company had done a lot of research on the use of gold in cables prior to 2009.

People who've used the cable have said the combination of Eichman bullets (which are INR 6000+ for a set now I believe) with the gold plated silver solid conductors resulted in a very open sound stage with good imaging and energetic bass, that one does not get when using non gold plated single core silver conductors.

Someone had tried connecting WBT nextgen connectors instead of Eichmann as wbt is supposedly better and more expensive but went back to the eichmann bullets as the wbt nextgen plug brought back the harshness of silver and eichmann bullets were much warmer and dynamic in comparison and found the synergy between the bogdan and Eichmann to be very musical and dynamic.

Apparently the gold keeps the harshness of silver in check and retains the low frequencies in a warm signature.

I asked multiple owners and got the same reply. It grew on me and I finally decided to take the plunge. Seems like it would be a perfect match for my Jamo D830's and wouldn't suffer the issues copper / silver cables do with copper oxidization and silver harshness in the longer run. :)

Here's a couple of more images for the bullets for those who are interested:

bulletplug.gif

_ps20246.jpg

zVWw7.jpg

Last edited:
gosh cor.. hope the cables sound as sexy as they look. The name of the cable is quite exotic.

rgds,
mpw

congrats on your purchase. Looks good with cable looking quite different.

Thanks :) I have a tendency to end up with wildcard equipment somehow... *shrug*

gosh cor.. hope the cables sound as sexy as they look. The name of the cable is quite exotic.

rgds,
mpw

I have a feeling they will.

ETI / Eichmann was the first company to challenge the established ways of connecting up phono leads was Eichmann. Their Bullet plug revolutionised the cable world apparantly. It uses a single point of contact principle for the earth connection. This is said to prevent eddy-currents, thereby keeping the signal clean and free of time smear. Apparently the improvement this bullet plug makes to the sound is more than the conductor itself given it's short length.

We shall see when I get my hands on them. The gold+gold plating + silver across the board is probably why the bogdan combination is liked more by people than the more expensive WBT nextgen+silver which other people on forums have said sound a little on the harsh side.

Last edited:
Gratzies CorElement; They look dandy :) do let us know the difference you notice after using these .. is it what every one said ?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back