Pure Acoustics AV799?

Any views on Pue Acoustics AV799 5.1 SET?

The specs looks good, though the 799 is not a pure 5.1 system. You may need to buy a sub woofer separately.

Any particular reason why you are looking at these, and not the more popular brands?

Cheers

Hey Venkat/Others,

i was also wondering when I saw an ad for this brand of speakers. Are these guys well known? well regarded? They seem to have a decent website, but I don't know anything else about them. Any thoughts?

Hey Venkat/Others,

i was also wondering when I saw an ad for this brand of speakers. Are these guys well known? well regarded? They seem to have a decent website, but I don't know anything else about them. Any thoughts?

Psychotropic, frankly this is the first time I am hearing about these speakers. They seem to be a small company based in New York that get their speakers manufactured in China. But then almost everybody gets their products manufactured in China, nowadays

I found two reviews of another model from Pure Acoustics, neither of which is very complimentary.

Product Review

Home Theater: Pure Acoustics Noble Speaker System

But if they are inexpensive and sound nice for movies, why not? I don't think they will be fit for music.

Someone has to fit it to a good AVR, listen for a week or so, and give their comments.

Shah, where is this available in India?

Cheers

he he i think that's the difference between the audiophile perspective and the audio enthusiast perspective....i thought those reviews were pretty good considering the cost of the speakers !!

Looks like a company that's serious about their stuff though, not Bose-like :).....so these speakers that you're looking Mr. Shah, might be a good investment....do test them out yourself and see if you like them.

and the reviews seem to suggest that they won't be too bad for music, a bit of playing around with the EQ......aaaargh.:eek:.....[that's the sound of me being chopped to death by audiophiles, for mentioning EQ]

Guys,

I checked these speakers out - they look good, for sure and seem to be competitively priced. The sound seems to be OK, but then I am not an expert and will not be able to tell the difference between the "very good" and the "also rans".

What was most obvious was that the speakers are extremely light weight and when you knock on them with the knuckles, they sound hollow. In this respect, they stood out from the other speakers - too light and too hollow. As I understand this is not good for speakers. Does this indicate cost cutting by the manufacturer ??? How will the weight (or, the lack of it) affect the speaker life !!!

BTW, this is coming from a guy who does not really understand too much. So anyone interested in these speakers may need additional inputs.

Regards, BDS.

Guys,

I checked these speakers out - they look good, for sure and seem to be competitively priced. The sound seems to be OK, but then I am not an expert and will not be able to tell the difference between the "very good" and the "also rans".

What was most obvious was that the speakers are extremely light weight and when you knock on them with the knuckles, they sound hollow. In this respect, they stood out from the other speakers - too light and too hollow. As I understand this is not good for speakers. Does this indicate cost cutting by the manufacturer ??? How will the weight (or, the lack of it) affect the speaker life !!!

BTW, this is coming from a guy who does not really understand too much. So anyone interested in these speakers may need additional inputs.

Regards, BDS.

Knocking on the wood with your knuckles is one of the first test of the speakers. If they sound hollow - well there could be two reasons. One, the wood (mostly MDF) is very thin, and two; the internal bracing is not good.

The net effect is that in a short time, the body will resonate. This has already been mentioned in one of the reviews.

Cheers

he he i think that's the difference between the audiophile perspective and the audio enthusiast perspective....i thought those reviews were pretty good considering the cost of the speakers !!

Looks like a company that's serious about their stuff though, not Bose-like :).....so these speakers that you're looking Mr. Shah, might be a good investment....do test them out yourself and see if you like them.

and the reviews seem to suggest that they won't be too bad for music, a bit of playing around with the EQ......aaaargh.:eek:.....[that's the sound of me being chopped to death by audiophiles, for mentioning EQ]

Hee Hee hee. Nice to see a guy with lots of humour. At the same time, if you read the reviews carefully, all praises are filtered with a 'BUT', and ended with 'for the price', 'what can you expect for the price and so on'.

All these reviews have to be careful about the words they use. They use roundabout words, hoping the reader will understand. These mags get a lot of money from advertisement, and they cannot afford to displease anybody.

Cheers

Venkat,

Would you please advise me on the thread "Help with choosing AVR & Speakers".

Thanks, BDS.

Ooh yes, that's an interesting perspective.....hmmm.....but there do also seem to be a few absolute bits of praise...anyways.....what you said about the quality of the particle board and the bracing makes a lot of sense, and something that sounds good now may not sound so good after some time....

Hee Hee hee. Nice to see a guy with lots of humour. At the same time, if you read the reviews carefully, all praises are filtered with a 'BUT', and ended with 'for the price', 'what can you expect for the price and so on'.

All these reviews have to be careful about the words they use. They use roundabout words, hoping the reader will understand. These mags get a lot of money from advertisement, and they cannot afford to displease anybody.

Cheers

Hey Guys,

I've got myself the Pure Acoustics AV799 including the Sub recently.

Its been over a fortnight since I'm using it day & night along with my Onkyo 505 Amp. They are neat, and I have no regrets whatsoever.

I predominantly listen to music (70% Music & 30% Movies), especially some pure classical and world music that gives multiple instruments that reaches out individually.

I'm based in Bangalore (Brookefield) and if anyone would like to sample, you're more than welcome.

EOD, I'd recommend this speaker system for someone who is a newbie and intends on buying his / her first HT system keeping in mind the price and value for money.

May the force be with you....:cool:

Hey Guys,

Its been over a fortnight since I'm using it day & night along with my Onkyo 505 Amp. They are neat, and I have no regrets whatsoever.

I predominantly listen to music (70% Music & 30% Movies), especially some pure classical and world music that gives multiple instruments that reaches out individually.

I'm based in Bangalore (Brookefield) and if anyone would like to sample, you're more than welcome.

EOD, I'd recommend this speaker system for someone who is a newbie and intends on buying his / her first HT system keeping in mind the price and value for money.

Congratulations AVPhreak! If you are enjoying listening to music and watching your movies, I would say that is the whole battle won.

Most speakers have what is called a 'break-in' period after which they should sound better. This could be anything from 30 to 100 hours of continuous play or more. If it possible for you, you should keep break in your speakers for a whole nigh or tow. You don't have to keep it at high volume. Just play some material continuously when you sleeping, and listen to it the next day. You will find the sound improving with this technique.

Please continue participating in the forum regaling us with the music you listen to and the movies you see. There are separate thread for this.

Cheers

Thanks Venkat, appreciate it.

I did use it extensively to ensure break-in / seasoning of the speakers for better resonation / sound and it worked...
My system remains on and playing all through my time at home.

I haven't tried listening to the same track in the night and next morn...i should try that...

I've just joined the forum today...once I find my way around here, I'll certainly contribute my 2 cents in any way possible...

take it easy mate...

Hey avphreak, how much did you pay for these?

Hey Guys,

AVPhreak..

You got a decent deal man.. I am getting Pure Acoustics AV799 with Sub + Onkyo TX-SR304 for 38k.. In 42k is the cable price also included? And from where did you buy these in Bangalore. My number is 9845074294. Can you SMS me your number, I would like to know a few things?

Hope I helped...as we spoke...just give me a holler and we'll confirm the plans.

If you were to go to that shop before we meet, ask to meet Bhaskar...he is the guy i dealt with...

Hi psychotropic, avphreak & Friends,

I am planning to buy a Home theater system from Onkyo..
The combination is,

AVR - 304E
Sub - Pure Acoustics rb1150
Speakers - Pure Acoustics Junior.

and the cost will come around 31k without cables. What is your opinion on this package? Is the deal ok? Do you have any other suggestions for this price range.. (~35k)

Thanks in Advance!

Shathy.

Hey Sathy,

Welcome to the forum. If it is a deal in Bangalore, that seems about right.

You're welcome to audition my system if it'd be of any help.

Let me know...

Thanks,
- M

Hi avphreak,

Thanks for your immediate reply and for your invitation.
I got this offer in Chennai.
Could you please give your feedback about this configuration..Can we get some better combinatination at this price?
I never heard Pure Acoustics..How about the performance of the speakers and the amplifiers..
Also kindly let me know wheather 304E AV is sufficent to listen movies..

Thanks in advance again..

Regards,
Shathy

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back