Pure Acoustics speakers

Gopinath M.M.

I have 4 nos.Pure Acoustics Junior F series speakers for my Home theatre (Onkyo 5.1). Sub woofer is Onkyo
The Pure Acoustics speakers have black fabric covers in the front which are press-fit type. The fabric is stretched on a wooden frame.

I find white fungus growing on the wooden frame and coming out through the fabric. I have to keep wiping it off every two or three days. It has made the fabric look very dirty. Moreover, the fabric has started shrinking at some places on the frame.

Is there any way I can stop the fungus growth? Do I have to change the fabric cover. Where can I get it done? Please help.

The small posts on which the cover is press-fit, though metallic looking, are actually made of very soft plastic. These break very easily. Are replacements available for these? Can I get it repaired?

For similar fungus issue on my MDF wardrobe I uded a chemical WUD-Grard , these anti termite shemicals available @ hardware stores or wood stores
@ Less than RS 100 a tin you gan give a try - can be applied with brush -I suggest first use over a small out of site patch to check if it stains the wood

If speaker grills on plastic frame youi can wash and dry - or on wiid frame I used to get grill cloth and reattach it.

If you use this advise please post results of your experement
Hemant

Sorry I thought fungus on speakers
The frames must me made of cheap wood
Find in your area if someoneone gets speaker cloth and ready to paste it for you.( I used to do it mself,.)
Noe remove the cloth and treat the frame .Let it sun dry -In case have 2 coats and then reapply fresh cloth

For similar fungus issue on my MDF wardrobe I uded a chemical WUD-Grard , these anti termite shemicals available @ hardware stores or wood stores
@ Less than RS 100 a tin you gan give a try - can be applied with brush -I suggest first use over a small out of site patch to check if it stains the wood

If speaker grills on plastic frame youi can wash and dry - or on wiid frame I used to get grill cloth and reattach it.

If you use this advise please post results of your experement
Hemant

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try it and let you know the result. I feel that I may have to wait till the rains subside to try it out. The frame must be of cheap wood. Would you please let me know where one can find grill cloth? I live in a rural area, about 50 km away from Mangalore. I guess I may be able to buy the items from Mangalore of make a trip to Bangalore (300 km away)

Gopinath, You may also want to contact Symphony in Mangalore (on the Bunts hostel- PVS road); Praveen Lobo is the person to talk to. He might be able to help to find you a replacement since they are dealers for a host of AV equipment.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back