pure sine wave inverter with amplifier?

krishtrinity

I use a hykon home inverter at home,i use all my electronics like PC and stereo amplifier with the inverter on,the inverter is advertised having a pure sine wave signal but one of my friends who is an extreme audiophile told me that this is falsely advertised and using an inverter with the stereo amplifier is bad for the amp.Can someone tell me if it's true?

Yes, your friend is right. You have Marantz PM5004. I recently bought Marantz PM6004. Let me show you something, that will somewhat clear your doubts...:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
Similar label on Polk Audio Sub too.

I do not think any inverter (atleast in India) provides AC which has output as good as sine wave from power grid. No matter what they mention (Pure sinewave, Intelli Pure sinewave etc), these are far far better than square wave inverters but not an exact match for the AC from grid. I use the sine wave inverter just to switch off components safely after power cut.

Last edited:
Yes, your friend is right. You have Marantz PM5004. I recently bought Marantz PM6004. Let me show you something, that will somewhat clear your doubts...:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

I bought a used one..but thanks,I will turn off the invertor before using it.I could hear slight noise when the amp is not playing music when inverter is on.

I am using Su-Kam sine-wave inverter for last at least 6 years for all my gadgets in UPS mode and have never experience any problem so far. I am also using Marantz AVR and no such warning is mentioned any where, either on the box or manual.

I am using Su-Kam sine-wave inverter for last at least 6 years for all my gadgets in UPS mode and have never experience any problem so far. I am also using Marantz AVR and no such warning is mentioned any where, either on the box or manual.

Then, you must (I repeat, must) continue using your Marantz AVR on sine-wave inverter power, during power outage :yahoo:

Last edited:
using Marantz AVR and no such warning is mentioned any where, either on the box or manual.
AYlgpr

i bought Sukam 900va y'day.. and i have onkyo 3400....
i have kept vguard stablizer and put Amp with that.
also using Sukam on UPS mode..

is that OK ?

If you are paranoid, you can get the pure sine wave double conversion ups from emerson. Those are used in server rooms, data centers and surgery rooms. That should be good enough. That's what I did.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back