Puritan audio cables and conditioners

Yelamanchili manohar

Being the founding member and current president of the "Indian national register of cable sceptics ", I usually dont engage in cable talk :D

But first hand user experiences from similar sceptic members of the puritan mains cables and conditioners, convinced me enough to share about them. One gentleman running audio note isis reference power cables, has replaced it with a 100 pound, puritan classic + cable, and is all praise for it.

I wouldn't bother to start this thread if the cable costed USD 2k. But come on...for 100 pound a cable, felt it was worth a punt.

I wouldn't bother to start this thread if the cable costed USD 2k. But come on...for 100 pound a cable, felt it was worth a punt.
So, I guess Scepticism is more about the Pricing of the Cables and their Value in the incremental upgrade than whether Cables make a difference actually? To Simplify, Everyone is ok with Cable bandwagon if they're more sensibly (according to one's aspirations) priced and they'll stop questioning the Poorly Conceived pseudo science associated with Cables.
I see this kind of Scepticism (pricing related) more often than actual debate along the utility lines of the Cables.
Every Cable believer is a Cable Sceptic to begin with, whenever he comes across another expensive cable, he's Sceptic enough to check it out in his own system and invest only if it brings about the SQ upgrade he's looking for. And Let's be honest, a person spending 10k on a Power Cable is unlikely to Have a White Ration Card and needs a financial advice. So he doesn't need Scientific Rescue or advice for his impulsive spending on Cables.

By the way , I am very much interested to try these Puritan Power Cable, Get one under 10k, we'll share the damages. The Cable Company which I am looking for currently is
Apparently, they mine their own copper, purify it and admixture it with Graphite (hence the diamond in the name) and create various types of expensive cables. They have a Indian dealer as well, help from Anyone Experienced with these cables will be greatly appreciated.

So, I guess Scepticism is more about the Pricing of the Cables and their Value in the incremental upgrade than whether Cables make a difference actually? To Simplify, Everyone is ok with Cable bandwagon if they're more sensibly (according to one's aspirations) priced and they'll stop questioning the Poorly Conceived pseudo science associated with Cables.
I see this kind of Scepticism (pricing related) more often than actual debate along the utility lines of the Cables.
Every Cable believer is a Cable Sceptic to begin with, whenever he comes across another expensive cable, he's Sceptic enough to check it out in his own system and invest only if it brings about the SQ upgrade he's looking for. And Let's be honest, a person spending 10k on a Power Cable is unlikely to Have a White Ration Card and needs a financial advice. So he doesn't need Scientific Rescue or advice for his impulsive spending on Cables.

By the way , I am very much interested to try these Puritan Power Cable, Get one under 10k, we'll share the damages. The Cable Company which I am looking for currently is
Apparently, they mine their own copper, purify it and admixture it with Graphite (hence the diamond in the name) and create various types of expensive cables. They have a Indian dealer as well, help from Anyone Experienced with these cables will be greatly appreciated.
I guess there are different schools of thought here.... :D

People still believe in plugging their kit to the wall socket, and then invest their money in buying power mains cables to add some filterance to all the gremlins coming in. And when one cable designed to eliminate that 50hz buzz, associated with our indian voltage of 240V, gets plugged in. The bass gets so clean...that he is a convert for life :D

Now the cable makers will hire reviewers to publish articles saying that power treatments diminish dynamics etc etc...if one has pure power , all he would ever need is a sheiled power cable. As no further filterance is needed in the cable.

And that is exactly where Iam suggesting the puritan cables :)

First one needs a pure source of power, and then shielded cables all along...anything else is not required, unless one is feeling is very flush :D...in which case I can send across my bank details :D

Last edited:
I guess there are different schools of thought here.... :D

People still believe in plugging their kit to the wall socket, and then invest their money in buying power mains cables to add some filterance to all the gremlins coming in. And when one cable designed to eliminate that 50hz buzz, associated with our indian voltage of 240V, gets plugged in. The bass gets so clean...that he is a convert for life :D

Can you please elaborate more on this. What is the proper way to connect the equipment, where it should be connected?

Can you please elaborate more on this. What is the proper way to connect the equipment, where it should be connected?
Hi vikas :)

Long time :)

I don't think the whole power filtration part has any role to play , if we are talking about a HT system. And in fact would be a waste of money in my books.

Being the founding member and current president of the "Indian national register of cable sceptics ", I usually dont engage in cable talk :D

But first hand user experiences from similar sceptic members of the puritan mains cables and conditioners, convinced me enough to share about them. One gentleman running audio note isis reference power cables, has replaced it with a 100 pound, puritan classic + cable, and is all praise for it.

Hi Manohar

Ya it’s been long time. Hope you are back from sea.

when you changed your forum id
Unfortunately my previous ID got hacked. So back in this new avatars now :D

One More Speaker Cables I am actively digging is this one, it's not quite expensive From Reference Cables perspective.

Though many reviews have been superlative ( as usual), but the Forum members posts on Agon etc have been phenomenal and unanimous. One of the Responses to quote

"
We talked about this; here’s what we concluded:

While the music we were hearing was unquestionably beautiful, it wasn’t the beauty of the music that caused us to cry, it was the success of our system in convincing our brains that we were in the presence of the performers. It was the shock of being so thoroughly deceived by our system that caused us to cry! Pretty amazing!

Very likely, I think, that we will become accustomed to that magic trick level of suspension of disbelief and not be brought to tears so easily. But I kind of hope not! However, I didn’t turn on the system until late yesterday out of concern that I was not ready emotionally for the experience between my ears and my brain that doing so could cause! Pretty amazing!

Was a tear free night though...glad and sad at the same time :) :(

And yes, I am a lucky man
! "

I will be happy to hear any first hand experiences from our FMs. Again other than pure audiophile instincts, no affiliations whatsoever.

One More Speaker Cables I am actively digging is this one, it's not quite expensive From Reference Cables perspective.

Though many reviews have been superlative ( as usual), but the Forum members posts on Agon etc have been phenomenal and unanimous. One of the Responses to quote

"
We talked about this; here’s what we concluded:

While the music we were hearing was unquestionably beautiful, it wasn’t the beauty of the music that caused us to cry, it was the success of our system in convincing our brains that we were in the presence of the performers. It was the shock of being so thoroughly deceived by our system that caused us to cry! Pretty amazing!

Very likely, I think, that we will become accustomed to that magic trick level of suspension of disbelief and not be brought to tears so easily. But I kind of hope not! However, I didn’t turn on the system until late yesterday out of concern that I was not ready emotionally for the experience between my ears and my brain that doing so could cause! Pretty amazing!

Was a tear free night though...glad and sad at the same time :) :(

And yes, I am a lucky man
! "

I will be happy to hear any first hand experiences from our FMs. Again other than pure audiophile instincts, no affiliations whatsoever.
Still too expensive for me :D

Going active I will need 36 mtrs of speaker cables in total I guess :D

So have to settle for cheaper options now :(

Harmonie Audio now represents Puritan Audio in India.

Indeed very good news

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back