Q Accoustics 5.0 vs Polk Signature 5.0 Package

kapeed57

Hi to All. I have narrowed down these two packages for my home theatre setup. Can you please suggest me which is a better package under 1L for speakers either 5.0 or 5.1. Another option I am considering is Q Accoustics 3020i bookshelf speakers with qb12 subwoofer. Any other recommendations other than this also welcome. This is my first time setting up a home theatre system. I am considering Marantz SR5015 for AVR and Benq Th585 as projector. Budget around 2.2-2.5L. I am trying to set all this in a spare room(120sqft). Thanks.

Hi to All. I have narrowed down these two packages for my home theatre setup. Can you please suggest me which is a better package under 1L for speakers either 5.0 or 5.1. Another option I am considering is Q Accoustics 3020i bookshelf speakers with qb12 subwoofer. Any other recommendations other than this also welcome. This is my first time setting up a home theatre system. I am considering Marantz SR5015 for AVR and Benq Th585 as projector. Budget around 2.2-2.5L. I am trying to set all this in a spare room(120sqft). Thanks.

See these too, listed prices are MRP but I am sure there would be some dealers who may give some % discounts

See these too, listed prices are MRP but I am sure there would be some dealers who may give some % discounts

Thanks for the suggestion. I am looking for bigger speakers as I might get towers in future as I move the system to a larger room.

I would reccomend Q Acoustics. That is what I am using.
- 3020i for Front L/R
- 3010i for Surround
- 3090Ci Centre Channel
- QB12 sub woofer

Its a very good combo.

I would reccomend Q Acoustics. That is what I am using.
- 3020i for Front L/R
- 3010i for Surround
- 3090Ci Centre Channel
- QB12 sub woofer

Its a very good combo.
Thanks for sharing your setup info. It seems like a good combination but my only worry is the center channel speaker as many reviews they told like they were little lacking when compared with left and right channels. Can you share your experience with center channel and how much did your system cost?. Thanks 👍

Thanks for sharing your setup info. It seems like a good combination but my only worry is the center channel speaker as many reviews they told like they were little lacking when compared with left and right channels. Can you share your experience with center channel and how much did your system cost?. Thanks 👍
The centre channel sounds just fine to me.

I did not buy all the speakers as a set.
Bought 3010is for 2 channellistening, added the sub later, upgraded the 3010i etc.

When I used in a HT setup I only needed to buy a centre channel speaker.

At a distance or about 8/10 feet I found the center good enough in a 15 by 11 and an open living room area. I used 3090i with concept 20 fronts and 3020i rears ane was a very VFM HT. Also I would recommend saving up a little and adding a sub like Rhytmik / XTZ / SVS , this will enhance your experience a lot ( have listened to a QB12 , it's quiet good but I don't think it cuts it for HT completely)

The concept center is also worth looking at if it's still well priced like before.

Thanks for sharing.
The centre channel sounds just fine to me.

I did not buy all the speakers as a set.
Bought 3010is for 2 channellistening, added the sub later, upgraded the 3010i etc.

When I used in a HT setup I only needed to buy a centre channel speaker.

T
At a distance or about 8/10 feet I found the center good enough in a 15 by 11 and an open living room area. I used 3090i with concept 20 fronts and 3020i rears ane was a very VFM HT. Also I would recommend saving up a little and adding a sub like Rhytmik / XTZ / SVS , this will enhance your experience a lot ( have listened to a QB12 , it's quiet good but I don't think it cuts it for HT completely)

The concept center is also worth looking at if it's still well priced like before.
Thanks for the suggestion. In case I am going with Q Accoustics I am thinking of getting the 3050i tower with concept series center channel speaker and 3010i for surrounds. I may purchase a sub later due to budget constraints. My only dilemma is whether Polk Signature series is better than Q Accoustics when it comes to build and sound quality. I am looking for enveloping sound quality/sound stage rather than loudness.

T

Thanks for the suggestion. In case I am going with Q Accoustics I am thinking of getting the 3050i tower with concept series center channel speaker and 3010i for surrounds. I may purchase a sub later due to budget constraints. My only dilemma is whether Polk Signature series is better than Q Accoustics when it comes to build and sound quality. I am looking for enveloping sound quality/sound stage rather than loudness.
In my opinion dont skip the Sub. Get the Sub now and rear surrounds + Center later. Start with Front channel speakers and a Sub. Use the setup as a 2.1 and then add on surrounds and a center.

MaSh

In my opinion dont skip the Sub. Get the Sub now and rear surrounds + Center later. Start with Front channel speakers and a Sub. Use the setup as a 2.1 and then add on surrounds and a center.

MaSh
Thanks for the suggestion. Any subwoofer can you suggest that go well with Q 3000 series.

T

In my opinion Qacoustics would be a better buy. It's at a very good spot of giving maximum returns for the buck in terms of HT experience.

Personally I would get a concept 20 insyead of 3050i as fronts for HT and use the saved money towards budgeting for a good sub. Bass plays a very important role in numerous aspects for HT usage and a good sub will add a totally new dimension to the experience. My order of preference would be fronts, center , sub and then rear speakers. However if getting a sub is a problem now then get rears and save up for a new sub or look for a nice deal on an used one.

You can go with the QA sub itself. Subs from svs, rhythmic, etc could be better but also a lot more expensive.

MaSh
Despite the cost differential would still recommend to save and go for a svs / rhytmik or xtz. QB12 prices have increased and is no longer a cheap sub , at present prices a Rhytmik/SVS would be a better investment which will serve you for many years to come .

Despite the cost differential would still recommend to save and go for a svs / rhytmik or xtz. QB12 prices have increased and is no longer a cheap sub , at present prices a Rhytmik/SVS would be a better investment which will serve you for many years to come .
Oh yes, absolutely. If one can go for an SVS or Rhythmic or similar, nothing like it.

I love my SVS PB1000. It gives me the right amount of drama in any movie.

MaSh

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back