Q acoustics 3020i Vs PSB Alpha P5

Thank you everyone for your views. At what-hifi they have praised Dali Spektor 2 over Q acoustics 3020i.
I am not able to audition them as no dealer keeps them in my city.
In you tube videos 3020i sounded soft to me I.e. lacking in bass.
Please note that it's movies + music usage.
My takeaway that I need a sub for 3020i for HT Duty, which sub would you suggest in 30k?
For sorround do I take 3020i/3010i or any other speaker ?
Coming to AVR is Denon x1600 good enough or do I need x2600 or any other suggestions for my usage.
Thank you for the support
A speaker size such as Oberon 1 or QAccoustics 3020i are small boxes. As a matter of fact even the Oberon 3 or 3030 may not give you full range bass due to their smaller enclosures as compared to floor standers.
You may need to add a subwoofer to supplement them.

I auditioed the Pioneer FS, Elac B6.2 and 3010i/Concept 20 during my initial purchase.
I found the Concept20 to be more neutral amongst the three with much more details and emotion was well conveyed as well in the vocals , i found the bass to slightly over power the MIDs in the the Elac whereas both of the above were better than Pioneer FS. Bass was much more on the Elac vs the Concept 20/3010i , but none of them have anything near to adequate bass that you can do without a sub especially for movies . Also since you would be using the X1600H would recommend to skip the ELAC as they are deemed to be power hungry

Last edited:
@Marakk ,
I went through the reviews.
Elac B6.2 are rated better than both 3020i and PSB Alpha P5. Surprisingly Pioneer SP BS22 are rated similar to Elacs. Its cheaper too. What do you suggest?

If you like the looks and the way they'll look when mounted, save money and go for Pioneers. With room correction and a good sub, they'll give you fantastic sound, and you can literally spend 3-4x as much without getting any better in terms of frequency response.

@Marakk ,
I went through the reviews.
Elac B6.2 are rated better than both 3020i and PSB Alpha P5. Surprisingly Pioneer SP BS22 are rated similar to Elacs. Its cheaper too. What do you suggest?
I have heard the Elac 6.2 long back. They are much bigger compared to Oberon 1/3 or the 3020i & good overall sounding speakers. Pls make sure your amp can drive them & they will sound really good. Had heard them on the Denon in a demo room & they sounded warm & nice. But that would be my personal taste. You may need to audition them yourself if possible.

Last edited:
@fLUX @Marakk @Nitin K
I can go for Denon x2600 if needed(with 20%-25% discount offered) , i also looked at Marantz SR5013(available at a discount https://nexthifi.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=66_101&product_id=895).
Please advise for mixed usage of Movies+Music. Down the line i will also get Play Station/Xbox if that matters.
I am using a Marantz 7011 & I like it both for movies & music. But my first preference is music, hence prefer Marantz for my taste. If you like movies more then Denon is good.
If I am not mistaken the Marantz SR 5013 has pre out connection which may be useful if you need to add a power amp in the future. You may need to check on the Denon.

From the technical standpoint and expert reviews, I feel the P5 should be a better speaker than the 3020i's..

Tbh, I've not heard the P5's in real.

The 3020i's are smooth, easy to listen and look beautiful and have a mass market presence and if you are going to drive these with an AVR like X1600h, I'd push you towards the 3020i for the safe bet.

If you are strictly into stereo and have NAD electronics like NAD C368 or NAD D 3045, I'd strongly recommend P5 an audition.

As you are going to use it for movies, A subwoofer is absolutely required for these two little speakers. A polk HTS-12 should come near your budget and 3020i + HTS-12 shouldn't disappoint you.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back