SVS SB 1000 Pro vs Q Acoustics QB 12 - Please Advise

manojchandrasekar

Dear FMs,
Hope everyone is safe and are enjoying music.
Looking forward for your advice to choose between SVS SB 1000 pro vs Q Acoustics QB 12, kindly note that this is primarily for music listening , to match KEF LS50 Wireless, placed in a small room about 10*12.
The key difference here is the price, QB 12 is offered for 42k and SVS for 62k… My budget is 60k but yes can stretch 2k more.

please help me make the right choice here, I may spend the balance 20 k (if I choose QB 12) on some base traps, but did not want to firm up my decision just basis that. Looking for a fair call considering my specifications and needs.

PS : Was really looking for Rel or Rythmik but there is crazy spike in the rate offered by sellers, so had to let them find a better home . Not to mention, SVS is also marked up quite high, it’s still at 500 USD sub (approx inr 37k) but it is priced at 77k inr (before discount).

Regards,
Manoj

The mark up in price in unavoidable. We charge anywhere between 100 to 150% on customs duties for anything imported into the country.

Personally; I'd go eyes closed SVS, having listened to an old PB13 Ultra. The brand have killed it in sub woofer design. The sub you are looking at plays lower than the Q acoustics by a little so if you crave deeper bass, the SVS it is.

I wanted to recommend the pairing sub woofer KC62 for the Kef LS50. After looking at the price, its just not worth that much.

You should try and get an audition of both sub woofers and then take a call. If the Q acoustics pairs well, you're saving that much more.

People speak high about SVS SB 1000 and LS 50W integration in other AV forums, but nothing beats an audition. Ask your dealer if he can lend you one to test at home. The introduction of a Subwoofer with LS50W is tricky. Historically, people prefer integrating the KEF Kube Subwoofer (in the budget segment) with LS50W, which offers better native integration through the KEF DSP App.

The key difference here is the price, QB 12 is offered for 42k and SVS for 62k… My budget is 60k but yes can stretch 2k more.

PS : Was really looking for Rel or Rythmik but there is crazy spike in the rate offered by sellers, so had to let them find a better home . Not to mention, SVS is also marked up quite high, it’s still at 500 USD sub (approx inr 37k) but it is priced at 77k inr (before discount).
Rythmik L12 can be availed for 68K. If rythmik is what you desire no harm in stretching another 8k from your original budget. The svs sb1000 pro also should be good enough. On paper its the best sealed sub within your budget

Dear FMs,
Looking forward for your advice to choose between SVS SB 1000 pro vs Q Acoustics QB 12, kindly note that this is primarily for music listening , to match KEF LS50 Wireless, placed in a small room about 10*12.

please help me make the right choice here, I may spend the balance 20 k (if I choose QB 12) on some base traps, but did not want to firm up my decision just basis that. Looking for a fair call considering my specifications and needs.

Regards,
Manoj
Qacoustics seems more vfm.

Dear FMs,

Regards,
Manoj
Definitely the SVS. No second thoughts. Good Performance and Good resale value.

MaSh

Thanks all for your suggestions and feedback..looks like QB12 is out of stock and i am not able to audition both due to lack of demo piece and flexibility for home audition allowance.

Dear FMs, brought the SVS SB 1000 Pro...happy with decision , it produces clean tight base and blends well with the kef speakers ....thanks again for all your suggestions, appreciate it!

Congrats on the purchase.

Perhaps you can post your review on the SVS Owners thread with pics which can help existing FMs and those who are looking to upgrade their subs.

Dear FMs, brought the SVS SB 1000 Pro...happy with decision , it produces clean tight base and blends well with the kef speakers ....thanks again for all your suggestions, appreciate it!
Congrats! That's a pretty good price for SVS SB-1000 Pro. Where did you get it from?

Congrats on the purchase.

Perhaps you can post your review on the SVS Owners thread with pics which can help existing FMs and those who are looking to upgrade their subs.

Sure! Still fiddling with the setup and tidying cables...will post it once done.

Dear FMs,

Regards,
Manoj
Brother may I know where you got svs from

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back