Q Acoustics 3050i - improving stereo performance

Cannot thank you enough for such a comprehensive explanation. So good.

I'm mulling over the options of buying a beefier AVR with preouts vs. buying a stereo amp and a switch.
I am not familiar with Denon model, does it have a pre out? Then you can attach a power amp or a stereo amplifier with HT bypass as the easiest solution.

Cannot thank you enough for such a comprehensive explanation. So good.

I'm mulling over the options of buying a beefier AVR with preouts vs. buying a stereo amp and a switch.
As 'gapinthemap' has mentioned, AVR pre-amp and DAC can be of inferior quality than stereo amplifier. For example, Marantz NR series is harsh when pushed in stereo mode. But SR series pre out fed into a power amp compares favorably with PM600X series power amplifier.
For Spotify, such a combination may be almost indistinguishable for similarly priced stereo amplifier in your setup.

I got about 40 meters of wire for my entire HT setup at about 160/m from Bangalore.

Edit - Barring the ceiling speakers as it would need a hole of 3 times more dimension :)
Hi fLux , could you pls share contact detail of the shop.

Also anyone know if Beldon 8477 cable is available in Hyderabad

One of my friends recently picked up these speakers and has set them with a rega brio and a blusound node2i source. This is not at all a harsh speaker. A big deciding factor for speaker selection for this friend was lack of harshness. I certainly think something else is causing the problem. Experiment with room acoustics in case you have big issues there. Definitely change the amazon basics cables to something better. My friend picked up these wonderful cables from sound foundations. Amazing sound. Belden is also good. Also check if your source is okay. That is the number one source for harshness. I suppose you are using the dac inside the denon avr, right ? Try and borrow and dac / cd player from someone and check if that is the culprit.
I also have the hooked up with Rega Brio 2017 using Belden as SC and IC. Topping E30 as DAC.

I got about 40 meters of wire for my entire HT setup at about 160/m from Bangalore.

Edit - Barring the ceiling speakers as it would need a hole of 3 times more dimension :)
@ Flux can you please share contact no from where you got Belden, I am also in Bangalore and planning to setup my HT. My false ceiling work is WIP right now and I bought Amazonbasic 12 AWG, now I am reading such great reviews of Belden I might change my wiring now itself. But I question is does Belden is really so much superior than Amazonbasic 12 AWG?

Datavert is dealing with Belden cable, you can call Jacob @ 9916952506. I recently bought 5mtrs from him @155/MTR. They deal other big brands as well..

Nice to hear that you managed to overcome the issue without major changes to the system. I would suggest to go ahead with belden cable. If you manage to get a group buy for 50 or more metres ( I believe that's the minimum quantity) it's quiet cheap , about 160-200/meter.

I changed my wires to Belden 8477, they did bring noticeable changes in terms of tighter LF and smoother treble. @Prodigy who was using 12 awg Amazon basics also found the belden to positively impact the sound.
How is Valueline cable compared to Belden? I am getting 100 meter cable for 14K from some here in Bangalore?

How is Valueline cable compared to Belden? I am getting 100 meter cable for 14K from some here in Bangalore?
Hi,

I suggest for front LCR use Belden 8477 & surrounds & atmos u can buy Amazon or other brand as max load/usage is LCR & sound produced from this is more when u install quality cables ...

Hi @dannyarcher ,
Yes, they can definitely bring in some noticeable difference for sure. I moved from Amazon Basics 12AWG OFC’s to the Belden 8477 and the difference was instantly noticeable with HF & LF. Especially the HF getting more smoother and LF turned out to be bit more punchier.
Where to procure the Belden 8477 ?
Can you share the contact details pls and the price ?

Where to procure the Belden 8477 ?
Can you share the contact details pls and the price ?
recently ordered from DataVert Bengaluru (99169 52506) . the shipment is in transit.
I can provide feedback once I receive the products. you may speak to above number , I think he will be able to ship to your location.
ordered 7 meters (154/meter) + 236 Shipping charges

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back