q acoustics 3050i stereo setup

@notsiddharth Hi there, how do you find the stereo performance now, with the Norge & 3050i? Any observations?

I'm considering to add a stereo amp and wondering how the Norges' pair with 3050i.
Thanks.

Can anyone please suggest speaker cable of bright and forward character which can improves dynamics and control the bass a bit?
Currently i am using the DAC SPK 16 AWG OFC duel speaker cable.
I'd strongly recommend the Belden 8477 which I'm using with the 3050i having switched over from Klotz LY225S. Afaic the 8477 and 3050i is a match made in heaven!

I'd strongly recommend the Belden 8477 which I'm using with the 3050i having switched over from Klotz LY225S. Afaic the 8477 and 3050i is a match made in heaven!
Synergy is good with Focal and Indiq Platinum Achal as well.

My impressions of my 1st setup including Q Acoustics 3050i and Norge concerto gold 1000 and chord mojo ( and also lg hifi dac)is mixed. the mids are great, lows are also good but the highs r straight up trash! don't know if it's the fault of the speaker or the amplifier or some other factor like burn in or placement. below i have gone a bit more into detail about my situation and help would be greatly appreciated..
the mids including vocals r very good. they have a sweet sound to them, the placement is good, neither too forwards nor too laid back, all praises in this department. the lows - have plenty of mass, they don't go low enough (they only go up to 45-46 hz) but they do the job for the most part.
coming to the highs - as of now they sound trash. no detail, no resolution, no mass, no extension, just a clunky mess.
the track i used to judge highs r some rock tracks such as :
Island in the sun by Weezer
Chasing cars by Snow Patrol
You're gonna go far kid by The Offspring's
i have just listened to them a few hours at this moment and will update upon listening to them more as i get time.
what is wrong with my setup or what am i doing wrong?
i don't have any other reference in speaker terms but my Sennheiser HD650 and more importantly Fiio FH7 (5 driver hybrid iem) which have phenomenal high extension r my reference of comparison.
I have QA bookshelf speakers as my secondary system. I found no fault with the treble. May be a slight roll off at the very end, but detailed and absolutely sweet.
Maybe you need a more capable amplifier with a slightly brighter signature.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back