QD-OLED in Action (CES 2022)

OM_2K19

That's what I call confidence in Technology, three years Warranty including Burn-In...

New Sheriff arrived in Town...

'20-'21 models did everything right, but still will be the end of an era that started circa '13-'14!
Very excited about the QD-OLED era.
Let's see how it pans out.
Anyone wanting to buy a TV today should wait at least six months to see how the first models fare...
Great time for TV buyers.
I wouldn't be surprised if the prices of the 2021 OLED models drastically drop around the launch of these 2022 line-ups...

There are two sides to every new technology launch. A brand new technology might or might not click too well amongst a segment of folks who like to take the tried and tested path. OLEDs will come down in price as for a very long time they let out new models with additional bells and whistles gimmicks such as claiming a newer AI picture processor or introducing a beast mode or a Mickey mouse cartoon mode. Infact C9 stands out as it has natuve dts playing ability plus device passthrough but the newer CX i own and henceforth does not but is hailed a better version retaining a premium price. But the panel was same - composite of hydrogen variant of organic led. Now they are going to use its isotope deuterium for increasing lifetime of product and for brightness increase.

QD OLED or mini led might find some loyalty alright but it won't drive the normal OLED to a niche category either. Edge lit lcd TVs haven't retired yet even though it is a bland boring technology. So we will only have to wait and watch.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back