Qed,DAC or any other co-axial cable?

In bangalore Croma sells. Maybe they sell there in croma also.

Anyway the company is Bandridge, you check on that.

spiro,

like rb9 says profigold is quite good. I have bought them. they should be enough.

Do not go too much in to this, it is economical and from a reputed company from europe. get that. That should suffice for your requirement.

I saw web & found there are 5 coax products from Profigold-
From cheaper to costly as follows-

PGD 481 (1m)
PGD 483 (3m)
PGD 4000

Which one is better?
Have you tried any?

I saw web & found there are 5 coax products from Profigold-
From cheaper to costly as follows-

PGD 481 (1m)
PGD 483 (3m)
PGD 4000

Which one is better?
Have you tried any?

Hi spirovious, PGD 481 is 1mtr length & PGD 483 is 3 mtr length quality is same !
PGD4000 is better than the 481 & 483 . I dont have any idea on the pricing for 4000.
I will advice you to go to the near by Croma mart & check the availability of the said products & check your self if the quality justifies the price difference by doing audition of both the digital IC's !
Good Luck
RB9

I picked up a coaxial cable made by Philips from Reliance Digital for Rs. 900. Sound is great and even unlocks Dolby Digital settings on my Onkyo, which were not enabled with the default RCA cables.

I picked up a coaxial cable made by Philips from Reliance Digital for Rs. 900. Sound is great and even unlocks Dolby Digital settings on my Onkyo, which were not enabled with the default RCA cables.

Hi, can you post phillips cable no.?
Tell me what does unlocks Dolby Digital settings on my Onkyo means?
I own Onkyo avr,so can you specify?

Last edited:

Hi , phillips doesn't make the cables in their own manufacturing plants .........they out source the cables & sell in their name ! By the way.....Have you checked any cable in the market in your city & how was the effect ? Looking at your system, you should keep 1000-1700 for the cable.........for which you dont have much options !! As suggested earlier ........look for PROFIGOLD
RB9

Hi,

Philips 24k gold plated digital audio coaxial cable 1.5 meters model number SWA3797NZ/97, cost Rs. 900.

Coming to unlocking the Dolby Digital settings, well if you run with default RCA cables then the settings available on the Onkyo AV Receiver are Neo 6 for Movies and Music and Dolby Pro Logic II for Movies, Music and Games. The Onkyo manual clearly states that the Neo 6 and Dolby Pro Logic II settings are for scaling 2 channel into 5.1 and not true 5.1 per se. There are other settings like DTS, Dolby Digital which are true 5.1 and which will show up in the AV Receiver and work only with digital cables like a coaxial cable or an optical cable. In fact when I put the coaxial cable the DVD/Divx went automatically to Dolby Digital and DTS depending on the DVD/Divx files and played the movie in true 5.1 just like at a theater.

Hope this helps!

spiro,

like rb9 says profigold is quite good. I have bought them. they should be enough.

Do not go too much in to this, it is economical and from a reputed company from europe. get that. That should suffice for your requirement.

Can you tell me the price of Profigold PGD 481 ?

spiro,

It's award winner.

Hi Spirovious, its a award winner What HiFi 2001,2002 & 2003.........its priced at only @ MRP 1199 in Inida
Cheers
RB9

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion.
I purchased 481 today from croma for Rs.999.

My views-

Sound is very clear.

Bass -Refined,not boomy
Treble -very clear,sharp,but not harsh
Midrange - expressive but little thiner

Overall rating - 9.5/10 (as I dont know what is 10/10)

Congrats spriovious,

I bought two HDMI from profigold, one coaxial, some rca splitters. Now I am stuck to them. Initially I was buying from monster, subwoofer cable and audio interconnects.

Profigold is reasonably priced.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back