Qed,DAC or any other co-axial cable?

Hi, There are two types of digital cables available by Chords pls see below:
* Chord Signature Digital
* Chord Prodac Pro Digital
Pls do adv as which one you saw at the AV SHOW ?

He told me there is only one cable,no serial no or type.
It was out of stock.Price offered is Rs.1350

By the way which out of the two is better?

What abt other companies which I mentioned?

Last edited:
On a lower budget, I would look at Signal cables. They compare very well to multi thousand dollar cables. It's a true 75 ohm cable and is silver based.

If you have deeper pockets, I would look at the a KCI Silkworm Pegasus digital IC (I use one with WBT Silver RCA plug and a Vampire BNC connection on the other end). This is an extremely smooth beautiful sounding digital cable. The details are all present but there is a smoothness in the sound that compliments digital source components.

Other than that, I've had awesome experiences with Kubala Sosna AES Interconnect, Purist Audio Dominus, Virtual Dynamics Revelation and a few more. Anyhow, my current all round recommendation is the KCI Pegasus. John is an amazing gentlemen who really knows what cable building is all about.

The cable is unshielded, uses pure gold, silver and platinum. He barely charges the cost of materials and has a very small markup. Buying direct from manufacturer saves you a huge amount. My one meter cable was about $899 a meter if I'm not mistaken. If you weren't buying direct from the manufacturer, this cable would be about the typical markup which is minimum 5x, about $4500.

Anyhow, hope you get a good digital cable as it is one of the most important cables in the system. It is the cable at the root and heart of the system and signal integrity only degrades from there onwards. I urge you to choose wisely.

He told me there is only one cable,no serial no or type.
It was out of stock.Price offered is Rs.1350

By the way which out of the two is better?

What abt other companies which I mentioned?

Hi Signature is more expensive than Prodac......around 2.5 times !

Thanks,

I found QED & Chord has better reviews.They are in my Budget.
Which one to go?

Even your thought on Straight wires/cables which are supplier of many audio companies?

Last edited:
Thanks,

I found QED & Chord has better reviews.They are in my Budget.
Which one to go?

Even your thought on Straight wires/cables which are supplier of many audio companies?

Hi, pls adv as what is the system .

Hi, pls adv as what is the system .

Currently my system is simple.

AVR- Onkyo HT-R 330
Fronts- Tannoy F1 customs
Rear- Onkyo sattalite spk
DVD - Onida

I m upgrading my system step by step.
So need your help choosing correct,but budget coaxial.

Budget -RS.1500 to 2000

chord company - 1350 (Prodac Pro Digital?)
QED - 2500
AR(acoustic research)- 1000
one more brand
starting frm B(in exi) - 800

is B for bandridge. It is available in Croma brigade road. T

They have come out with a brand called Profigold it is affordable.

is B for bandridge. It is available in Croma brigade road. T

They have come out with a brand called Profigold it is affordable.

Yeh but do you have any review on Budget coaxial?any link?
chord cable offer is upto Diwali,then price will increase to 1500.

Currently my system is simple.

AVR- Onkyo HT-R 330
Fronts- Tannoy F1 customs
Rear- Onkyo sattalite spk
DVD - Onida

I m upgrading my system step by step.
So need your help choosing correct,but budget coaxial.

Budget -RS.1500 to 2000

chord company - 1350 (Prodac Pro Digital?)
QED - 2500
AR(acoustic research)- 1000
one more brand
starting frm B(in exi) - 800

Hi the cable in question should be ' CODAC SILVER PLUS ' !! I think this should be the one you are getting for 1300 INR !!!! Can you pls check & update on it ! CODAC SILVER PLUS is selling for 4500 INR ............Go for it If you are getting it for 1300 ! Prodac cable will be too costly for your system aprox 7-8k or else go for Prodac if you can get good discount on that too !!

Regards
RB9

Hi the cable in question should be ' CODAC SILVER PLUS ' !! I think this should be the one you are getting for 1300 INR !!!! Can you pls check & update on it ! CODAC SILVER PLUS is selling for 4500 INR ............Go for it If you are getting it for 1300 ! Prodac cable will be too costly for your system aprox 7-8k or else go for Prodac if you can get good discount on that too !!

Regards
RB9

I think its Chord Prodac Pro Digital .

Hi can you pls buy one for me also ..............pls confirm asap so that i can send you money.
Regards

See I was told that chord makes only one type of coaxial.I ask for model no,but he cld not tell me.It was out of stock.So I m not sure if it is the same which I told you.

Here is [email protected]
Mr.Vijay- 9820082910

They give home delivery.

Unfortunately his shop is very far.

See I was told that chord makes only one type of coaxial.I ask for model no,but he cld not tell me.It was out of stock.So I m not sure if it is the same which I told you.

Here is [email protected]
Mr.Vijay- 9820082910

They give home delivery.

Unfortunately his shop is very far.

Hi spirovious, just wanted to let you know that they are selling codac for 4k & prodac FOR 7k.............there in no cable for 1300 INR.................! Some big confusion at your end ........
RB9

Hi spirovious, just wanted to let you know that they are selling codac for 4k & prodac FOR 7k.............there in no cable for 1300 INR.................! Some big confusion at your end ........
RB9

May be but I said chord company only.Secondly I asked for coaxial only after
watching chord's subwoofer cable in display.He checked on PC & told price.
He must be wrong then.

OK. but my Q remain unanswered?

Which cable to buy?

Budget 2000k.

What abt QED qunex P75?
Even straghtwire?

Hi IMO straight wire is better then QED.........again its a personal taste. Pls check both by listening to same song on same system ........have you checked the price for both of them ?

Hi IMO straight wire is better then QED.........again its a personal taste. Pls check both by listening to same song on same system ........have you checked the price for both of them ?

Hi why dont you check the used ones.........that will be cheap & quality will be far better than the 1000-2000 mrp digital cables !!!!!
by the way PROFIGOLD digital cable is selling at 1199 mrp in Delhi, you can check at your end ! Do consider the used one which seems better IMO !

spiro,

like rb9 says profigold is quite good. I have bought them. they should be enough.

Do not go too much in to this, it is economical and from a reputed company from europe. get that. That should suffice for your requirement.

spiro,

like rb9 says profigold is quite good. I have bought them. they should be enough.

Do not go too much in to this, it is economical and from a reputed company from europe. get that. That should suffice for your requirement.

Thanks, where can I get this in Mumbai?
Anyone knows?

Back