Quadral phonologue gold amun floorstanders

Sean de Silva

The latest entrant :yahoo:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Fantastic German Speakers! I do have the basic model bookshelf pair of- "Argentum-320" and the sound quality is Very good.
Is it used pair? May I know that at what price did you buy? Thank you.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Fantastic German Speakers! I do have the basic model bookshelf pair of- "Argentum-320" and the sound quality is Very good.
Is it used pair? May I know that at what price did you buy? Thank you.
Cheers.

Thanks...they sure are ;)

What is selling price?
Any special price for Geniune HFV members as you have many enquiries??

time to start auditioning stereo integrated amps once again...only this time round no indian brands are being considered...

Looking for a high powered amp (preferably > 100wpc rms @ 4 ohms) to drive my quadral floorstanders..

i'm considering these amps ...marantz pm8005 / nad c375beedac / denon pma-1520ae/ rotel ra-1570 / onkyo a-9070 / accuphase e-260 / yamaha a-s500/ luxman l-505ux / atol in100se

I would appreciate some feedback/advice from our experienced forum members....

Seasoned listeners/audiophiles do not prefer amplifiers with tone controls bcoz they are aware that playing around with the tone controls will affect/colour the original sound. Well I am one among this group but I am not an audiophile :D

Again, possessing an amplifier with tone controls and playing around with it is also fine bcoz the way how a system should sound is a matter of personal choice. Some may like to listen with extended treble/bass or vice-versa. Anyway most of the amplifiers comes with a DIRECT button to bypass the tone settings if required.

My order of personal preference from the list of amps that you have considered is ....
atol in100se (no tone controls)
luxman l-505ux
accuphase e-260

I do not want to comment about the rest from your list ... All the best!!!

time to start auditioning stereo integrated amps once again...only this time round no indian brands are being considered...

Looking for a high powered amp (preferably > 100wpc rms @ 4 ohms) to drive my quadral floorstanders..

i'm considering these amps ...marantz pm8005 / nad c375beedac / denon pma-1520ae/ rotel ra-1570 / onkyo a-9070 / accuphase e-260 / yamaha a-s500/ luxman l-505ux / atol in100se

It depends on what sound signature you like...
Among listed amps ..NAD375BEE amplifier, the one which i have for sale is extremely value for money amp that you can buy with any other brand. If ypur speakers are of 4 ohm, then its not usefull, but if 6-8ohm then you wont find any other amp to beat it. You can have separate pre amp to have different sound signature. You can get that experience by reading my thread in preamplifier section.

Seasoned listeners/audiophiles do not prefer amplifiers with tone controls bcoz they are aware that playing around with the tone controls will affect/colour the original sound. Well I am one among this group but I am not an audiophile :D

Again, possessing an amplifier with tone controls and playing around with it is also fine bcoz the way how a system should sound is a matter of personal choice. Some may like to listen with extended treble/bass or vice-versa. Anyway most of the amplifiers comes with a DIRECT button to bypass the tone settings if required.

My order of personal preference from the list of amps that you have considered is ....
atol in100se (no tone controls)
luxman l-505ux
accuphase e-260

I do not want to comment about the rest from your list ... All the best!!!

Thanks mate ..i like my music uncoloured..so an amp devoid of tone controls would be ideal..

Thanks mate ..i like my music uncoloured..so an amp devoid of tone controls would be ideal..

Nad basically has a very good 4 ohms driving capability. Also, personally my current german brand (ALR JORDAN nummer 4 - second hand buy) performed extremely neutral with nad BEE amp, when I got the demo during buying time. Currently it runs on a denon pma 480 which I feel much 'coloured' compared to the NAD. I didn't upgrade the amp, as I was never home after I bought that. Also, please don't use mess with the ohms rating (like using a 8 ohms amp on it)as there is a great chance that woofers may get damaged fast.

Nad basically has a very good 4 ohms driving capability. Also, personally my current german brand (ALR JORDAN nummer 4 - second hand buy) performed extremely neutral with nad BEE amp, when I got the demo during buying time. Currently it runs on a denon pma 480 which I feel much 'coloured' compared to the NAD. I didn't upgrade the amp, as I was never home after I bought that. Also, please don't use mess with the ohms rating (like using a 8 ohms amp on it)as there is a great chance that woofers may get damaged fast.

How come you are certain you are listening "neutral" music? What sources ypu are using? What artists you listen?

How come you are certain you are listening "neutral" music? What sources ypu are using? What artists you listen?

I can only trust my senses, may be I can be wrong too. I do not own any hi end equipment. Both the times, sources were from marantz cd 63se. The song I tried was 'one republic- counting stars' played from the imported version audio cd. Also daft punk random acceSs memories few tracks followed by few Norah joneS. I don't know how to explain it well, but changing from NAD to denon, I noticed the all vocals had little sibilance added to them. But it doesn't mean all DENON's are bad. I had the little brother of this amp which didn't had the sibilance problem. But still, I had used listened on many NAD's before. And I find the signature more or less the same. The good thing is NAD's signature across its models were more similar than other brands in my experience.

I can only trust my senses, may be I can be wrong too. I do not own any hi end equipment. Both the times, sources were from marantz cd 63se. The song I tried was 'one republic- counting stars' played from the imported version audio cd. Also daft punk random acceSs memories few tracks followed by few Norah joneS. I don't know how to explain it well, but changing from NAD to denon, I noticed the all vocals had little sibilance added to them. But it doesn't mean all DENON's are bad. I had the little brother of this amp which didn't had the sibilance problem. But still, I had used listened on many NAD's before. And I find the signature more or less the same. The good thing is NAD's signature across its models were more similar than other brands in my experience.

That only proves one amp is better than another? But what proves neutral?? I mean have you heard Norah Jones live and unamplified? same about Daft Punk .... then only you will come to know how the original source sounds...

FM imy analogy wrong?

By the way dear Sean which artist you heard unamplified? Where ???

That only proves one amp is better than another? But what proves neutral?? I mean have you heard Norah Jones live and unamplified? same about Daft Punk .... then only you will come to know how the original source sounds...

FM imy analogy wrong?

By the way dear Sean which artist you heard unamplified? Where ???

Live , is impossible in my case. So, I trusted what experts chose as reference;). I m sorry, Can't answer further on your utopian question.

Not utopian but this is the "Audiophile bullshit words" like Neutral , Natural ,Uncoloured

If you do not know how the artist sounds ( that too live -face to face) then only your frame of reference right and then only you can say A is neutral as it is true to the source

So "trusted experts" also giving a lot of bullshit right?

Again By the way dear Sean which artist you heard unamplified? Where ??? Please enlighten us ....;)

Had a demo of the Marantz PM-8005 recently with my floorstanders... nothing short of a total disappointment. :sad:

The phono stage was ordinary to say the least. CDs sounded dull and lifeless irrespective of the genre...even after cranking up the volume to get an appreciable output i was totally dissatisfied...:rolleyes:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back