Quadral Platinum M50

rav_mk1

Hi everyone,
Over the last couple of months its been a mad search for speakers for the Krell, have auditioned many liked some with varying qualities/compromises, have almost zeroed on the Tannoys Precision 6.4.. beautiful mids and highs layers of music and detailing of instrument and the timber of voice not just vocals but for brass, drums and piano, just the bass was a tad bit light for my liking.. Now there is one more speaker brand that I haven't had the chance to hear 'Quadral Platinum M50'.. its a good looking speaker with two 3 inch mid drivers with a dome tweeter in between them and two 6 inch bass drivers..
If any one has had any experience with this speaker for any lenght of time please come to my aid and share your findings with me and also would greatly appreciate your thoughts on adding a sealed sub with the Tannoys to reinforce the bass dept.

Cheers
Ravi

No I haven,t had the opportunity to do so will do it this weekend positively after talking to him..

Cheers
Ravi

Beautiful looking speaker, though haven't heard it- Quadral Platinum M50. What is the cost and who is the distributor in Delhi?

Hi All,
Just sharing my experience with the Quadrals for the benefit of all the FM's, Auditioned them yesterday at FX entertainment.. had taken my amplifier along for the audition and a selection of music that I hear.. it was late afternoon demo and all of us were relaxed (thanks to you Mr. bud..;)).... till we entered the demo room.. what an imposing presence!! it was as if it commanded respect.. well that was the exterior and we hooked up the mighty Krell to see if these Burly Germans' could walk the walk...
Started off with AR Rehman live in concert song 'Hai Rama' and gave the volume a generous squeez with Krell merrily complying.. we were not prepared for what happened next.. the sound hit us like a wall pushing me back on the chair and then wave after wave hit us with force that made me clutch the armrest for safety..the bass is unlike anything that I've heard till now..it was starting and stopping on a dime and with a punch which could be equated to 'Tyson'..convinced of its muscle we put it against love with tracks which demand subtelety and refinement where detailing is of major focus e.g. Sade, Michael buble, Diana Krall (perhaps the world wide standard for a three piece jazz with a feamle vocalist ;)).. I have never seen anything so muscular be so delicate at making love with the music..:p.. it created an engagment with the song an emotional connection thats rare even with speakers 4 times its price.. layers of music details of the instruments the precise placement of musicians in the band well nothing went amiss.. the sound stage was perhaps not as wide or deep as the Tannoys nor the timber was as lifelike but these were factors which were not that influential that they could break the deal.. and now comparing these to the Tannoys are bright speakers ..

Overall a speaker to be auditioned if you are looking for a long term investment for enjoyment

Cheers
Ravi

Hi Guys,
This is my very first post here.Just wanted to share my experience with Quadral platinum.Prior to this I had Energy speakers and Denon AVR.
I upgraded to Quadral 5 months back and I am more than happy.
These are really high end and very neutral speakers.
I bought Quadral Platinum 40 and center M10 base.For surround I use Klipsch.
I have listened to Triangle also and the pair costing 4.5 lakhs is not really much better than this.
These are somewhat pricy ( 1.5 lakhs for pair and almost 50 k for center) but this is value for money.

Thanks
Rajesh

What's your opinion on quadral chromium style 8 ?
Heard them sometime ago and really liked them. What's the best price quoted for them?

Just checked out the quadral platinum m50's on the net. What beauties they are :)

And imposing looks too. Certainly something to audition in that price bracket. Glad they are now available in India.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back