Quantum Physics

Talking about abstract aspects of physics, does anyone here know anything about Zero Point energy and how to access it ? There is a lot of stuff on the Net but I have not yet come across a real solution . Lots of back yard Australians are working on it and claim success but nothing described clearly. The US military however supposedly have it working . This could be just a ruse as usual.
We have over a billion people. Can't we have just ONE person who could unravel the mystery ? :)
It will completely change the structure of this globe politically !

Last edited:
In classical formulations of Physics a system in its ground state has no energy. However, a quantum system will still have an energy - known as Zero point energy - when it is at its lowest energy state (ground state). It cannot be "freely" accessed btw - such claims are pseudoscientific.

Do any of you physics guys know of some good video/presentations/tutorials to get kids interested into physics. Should not be very math heavy and easy to understand..

Faust in Copenhagen: A Struggle for the Soul of Physics: Gino Segre: 9780143113737:
A wonderful book that introduces one to all the cats of the quantum world. It lucidly narrates the early developments in quantum physics. It is also a riveting story of the colorful geniuses that populate physics in 1932 , a miracle year for Science.

Some cleanup done.
Why bring spirituality into science is not clear to me. :confused:
Please stick to topic.

As OP mentioned, this is not the rational science we are used to, lot of "spooky" behavior going on here.
I just read this article on Ars and was searching for a right place to post, and stumbled across this wonderful thread here.....:)

P.S. : Deep down in the comments, there's this funny one "So... kind of like real cats. They never quite do what you want -- and trying to interfere only makes it worse." :)

Last edited:
P.S. : Deep down in the comments, there's this funny one "So... kind of like real cats. They never quite do what you want -- and trying to interfere only makes it worse." :)
I don’t think you can go OP when bringing up the subject of cat in a Quantum physics discussion.
I don’t know the exact provenance of this quote ( perhaps it was the late Christopher Hitchens) and neither can I quote it verbatim but it’s goes something like -“If you feed and fuss over a dog daily, the dog will think you are God. If you do the same to a cat, it will think that it is God.”
Another one - ‘If a cat could talk , it wouldn’t’.

I don’t think you can go OP when bringing up the subject of cat in a Quantum physics discussion.
I don’t know the exact provenance of this quote ( perhaps it was the late Christopher Hitchens) and neither can I quote it verbatim but it’s goes something like -“If you feed and fuss over a dog daily, the dog will think you are God. If you do the same to a cat, it will think that it is God.”
Another one - ‘If a cat could talk , it wouldn’t’.
And hence.......A dog is Man's best friend.

Last year, I came across two Hypothesizes, one talks about Quantum Tunneling in DNA structure as the root cause of cancer and the second one explains the Olfactory mechanism through the same.

Personally, as far as Quantum Physics is concerned, I feel the main void is the absence of "Gravitron" to finally explain the Gravitational force.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back