query regarding chip based credit cards

samyukta_88

Hi

I was going to apply for a axis bank credit card against my fd since none of debit cards worked for amazxon or paypal payments

I came to know that I will be getting axis bank insta easy credit card which is a chip based card

I want to know the difference b/w chip based credit card and non-chip based credit card?

Does the chip based credit card cause any problem in online transaction?

Can the chip based credit card be used with amazon.com.... does it work?

Plz help me out with this info

Thanks in adv

and one more thing do we need to register credit card also for the vbv or mastercard secure program to make an online transaction...??

Hi samyuktha,

I use SBI Chip card to purchase from amazon.com. Chip card cannot be replicated as claimed by the bank. vbv needs to be done only for indian transactions , for amazon.com you need to register the card(s) once and then start using it with their server password. Once registered you can use the card(s) by using the amazon password and need not go thro vbv.

Hope this helps.

N.Murali

@ murali_n

"for amazon.com you need to register the card(s) once and then start using it with their server password. Once registered you can use the card(s) by using the amazon password and need not go thro vbv"

i did not get this line.......where do we need to register the card in amazon.com...??

i thot we need to just put the card details when they ask for the payment .....

Once you enter the card details in amazon, it is stored in their system. No need for entering the card details for subsequent purchase.

Once you enter the card details in amazon, it is stored in their system. No need for entering the card details for subsequent purchase.

Hi samyuktha,

I use SBI Chip card to purchase from amazon.com. Chip card cannot be replicated as claimed by the bank. vbv needs to be done only for indian transactions , for amazon.com you need to register the card(s) once and then start using it with their server password. Once registered you can use the card(s) by using the amazon password and need not go thro vbv.

Hope this helps.

N.Murali

the instant credit card dosent have my name embossed on it.....will it create any problem for purchase on amazon.com since amazon will ask to enter the name on the credit card which i dont have...??

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back