Which Indian credit cards work with PayPal.

mail2sumanth

I’m trying to buy and import from Abroad (USA) unfortunately citi bank card I have do not allow PayPal as the merchant for any transactions. l confirmed with the bank, it is banned. I don’t know if this will be the same across all the credit cards vendors in India. Can some one confirm if you guys did any transactions recently. These people take only PayPal or direct wire transfer for Indian address.

Thanks to our over reacted regulators and scammers :mad: (out of frustration on tried failed attempts)

Thank you,
Ram

Most visa/mastercard works well. Just make sure you enable the international payment option. ICICI/Axis/HDFC all have that option. Visa might be a bit more acceptable in the US.

You can also use wise.com for direct transfer as the commission might be lower than the credit card but it takes 3-4 days.

I have used HDFC Visa, citibank and indusind in the past through paypal and direct in amazon. Rules may have changed recently, so check if someone has done in the last few months.

Most visa/mastercard works well. Just make sure you enable the international payment option. ICICI/Axis/HDFC all have that option. Visa might be a bit more acceptable in the US.

You can also use wise.com for direct transfer as the commission might be lower than the credit card but it takes 3-4 days.
I saw that option, Westrenunion also looks good. If nothing works this is my last option.

I have used HDFC Visa, citibank and indusind in the past through paypal and direct in amazon. Rules may have changed recently, so check if someone has done in the last few months.
Citi confirmed that they stopped allowing PayPal merchant as per their internal banking guidelines.

I’m trying to buy and import from Abroad (USA) unfortunately citi bank card I have do not allow PayPal as the merchant for any transactions. l confirmed with the bank, it is banned. I don’t know if this will be the same across all the credit cards vendors in India. Can some one confirm if you guys did any transactions recently. These people take only PayPal or direct wire transfer for Indian address.

Thanks to our over reacted regulators and scammers :mad: (out of frustration on tried failed attempts)

Thank you,
Ram
HDFC credit card just works fine. Had recently used it via PayPal on the Chesky site.

Thank you,
Ram
I am using both HDFC (Visa) and ICICI (Diners) on payal. No issues while making payments on paypal with either.

Thank you,
Ram
Although late but want to share my experience also. Previously my VISA credit card was very well working with PayPal but I failed to make any transaction during the last six months. PayPal has been restricted for any domestic transaction but not international even then it is not working internationally.

Although late but want to share my experience also. Previously my VISA credit card was very well working with PayPal but I failed to make any transaction during the last six months. PayPal has been restricted for any domestic transaction but not international even then it is not working internationally.
After taking some suggestions, I got a ICICI card that works well with PayPal. Now I use this card dedicated for only PayPal. :)

CITI bank cards doesn’t allow PayPal transactions. Customer care representative confirmed the same.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back